Board Confidence decrease when you refuse to sell player?

I have noticed that the board confidence decreases for me from "delighted or very pleased to just pleased or satisfied with my performance when I refuse to sell players to another club when they approach me. My finances are excellent and I am wondering why this happens. Does anyone experience this phenomenon as well? I am taking Cambridge City.

Haven't noticed it, have your board ever sold any of your players over your head? If they have, perhaps they are a very hands on board and are disappointed you didn't accept the bid, which means maybe next time someone bids for that guy they will accept whether you like it or not.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

Haven't noticed it, have your board ever sold any of your players over your head? If they have, perhaps they are a very hands on board and are disappointed you didn't accept the bid, which means maybe next time someone bids for that guy they will accept whether you like it or not.

Yes, but it was one season ago! But I guess, if the offer is high (well above the value of the player) and I refuse, they would be disappointed and confidence takes a beating. Thanks for replying though!

The whole confidence system needs a rethink to be honest (fingers crossed for FM09)

I've never seen confidence go down for not accepting bids but I have seen the board sell a player over my head.

Archived