Red Cards

Since I installed the 10.2 patch Ive only started 1 game (as FC Porto). The thing is, in the last 15-20 matches (dont really remember how many) my players had 5 red cards (straight red cards, also had one or two players sent off with 2 yellows) and the other teams also had 2 (i think) players sent off.

The thing is at least 4 from my team's 5 were two-footed challenges that made no sense at all. My AM/FCs simply do these challenges on the opposition's half for no good reason :confused: The other team's red cards were also given this way..

Its not my tactics, because I have normal tackling, and Im dominating most matches and also because these challenges are made in ridiculous situations (as stated above). These players also have very different agression attributes (ranging from 5 to 16).

All these red cards lead to a 3 match ban which is rather annoying... Also IRL (im not a statistics expert but..), teams like Porto dont get 7 red cards a season let alone the ones Ill probably have until the end of the season (probably 3 more :p).

Im just wondering if other people have had this happening (before or after 10.2)

Before the 10.2 patch I played a few seasons with 10.1, and one of the saves was with Sporting CP, so it was pretty similar to this Porto save, but this kind of thing didnt happen.

I know this text wont be really easy to read because I suck at writing :p

Does sound like you're getting too many cards. For the players who are getting these, what are their decision making stats, and do they have 'dives in tackles' as a preffered move? Also, if a lot of those players getting sent off are AM/FC they may be niave in their tackles, because they're not trained to tackle.

sometimes if u play fm for a while and play a load of games without quitting the game u notice u get a spate of things. i remember having 5 reds in 10 games, same prob as u. i also once got awarded a penalty 6 games in a row. also seen several games in a row where there has been own goals.

i just hope in doesnt start having a run of injuries on me soon

Does sound like you're getting too many cards. For the players who are getting these, what are their decision making stats, and do they have 'dives in tackles' as a preffered move? Also, if a lot of those players getting sent off are AM/FC they may be niave in their tackles, because they're not trained to tackle.

These players have 9-14 in Decisions. None of them have "dives in tackles" as PPM.

But seriously there is just no sense. There is no reason for the players to do this, especially this often. Hope this stops soon. :rolleyes:

Since I installed the 10.2 patch Ive only started 1 game (as FC Porto). The thing is, in the last 15-20 matches (dont really remember how many) my players had 5 red cards (straight red cards, also had one or two players sent off with 2 yellows)

I think you should adjust your tactics a bit and reduce the tackling severity. I used to find that there were far too many straight red cards in the game but since the installation of 10.2 I've hardly seen any straight red or even yellow\red cards.

I think you should adjust your tactics a bit and reduce the tackling severity. I used to find that there were far too many straight red cards in the game but since the installation of 10.2 I've hardly seen any straight red or even yellow\red cards.

Ive already said... Normal tackling... Also the problem isnt tactics.... The problem is the tackles make no sense. These players go tackle opponents in the opposition half for no good reason :confused: And almost every straight red card (my team's or oppositions) come from two footed challenges :|

And the problem isnt it happening once or twice... or having a few red cards... the problem is they were a little too frequent and nearly all of them were due to 2 footed challenges. :/ And also all coming from very different players...

After I created this thread I played a couple of matches and again another two footed challenge this time by some Sevilla player (although I think this one did it in his own half :D)...

I just hope this doesnt happen in the second season.. :D

Archived