How good are Spurs in your game?

ubos

when i first started with them i won the league, which i was very proud of, it got to jan where we steped up our game winning all of them from jan till march and had an 13 point lead. and was then stuttering until the end of the season to evantually win it on the last day of the season by goal difference.

then i finished in 3rd after i thought was another very good season, then my game crashed so i gave up on it and started again with southampton.

but with my southampton save, spurs have been consistently in the top 4, more than Arsenal and Liverpool. and i am 5 seasons in.

well , I'm playing as spurs now , finished 2nd in my first season , finished 7th at second but won champions cup and league cup , also lost FA Cup final to Man City which winner of premier league also. Moved to 3rd on "world's richest club" listing , behind barcelona and real madrid..

I think its a good career start :)

Top 3/4 finish for Spurs seems pretty realistic to me. They have one of the best all-round squads, some of the best squad depth, and play some of the best football in the Premier League imo. They have 3 quality strikers, perhaps the 3rd/4th best midfield in the Premier League (on its day), and 2 of the best DCs (when fit). A class above Villa imho.

I'm managing them, as I do each FM, and i'm finding this my hardest time.

On FM09 I had already won the champions league and premiership by now, but i'm in my fourth season with Spurs on FM10 and the highest i've finished is still 4th, and yet to win a cup. I'm 2nd in my fifth season, 3 points off Chelsea with 6 games to go.

But to be honest, I prefer it like this. It makes my game last a little longer, as I always get bored once i've won everything.

Plus, Wilson Palacios is mega over rated! He is literally the best central midfielder in the world for me.

Missed out on the title on goal difference (Chelsea won) in my game with the first patch.

Just finished the first season of my proper career game with the second patch and they've finished 8th - although that is with me cheating for the sake of realism by saving before certain premier league games that don't clash with my Cardiff games and re-simming them until I get the result I want. They were looking at second again and Man Utd looked dead set to finish midtable after a ridiculous amount of draws otherwise. Going to just leave things happen now I've been promoted though.

Certainly a good team that may even break into the top four irl with a bit of consistency but do seem way too overpowered on fm - this years Arsenal.

GOOD. They won the PL in season 2, and I, Atletico Madrid, offered to play a friendly. They accepted, and I got scrubbed 2-0. The possession was ridiculously in their favor. They then get matched up with Barcelona in their CL group, and in the first game played them to a 0-0 draw, at Camp Nou. Haven't gotten to the second yet, but I would expect them to win.

They are mostly playing well in my game. However, results are not so kind to them:

09/10 - 8th, 59 points (15-14-9)

10/11 - 7th, 64 points (17-13-8)

11/12 - 11th, 50 points (15-5-18), Redknapp sacked in 2011 and hired Adams

12/13 - 7th, 53 points in 32 games (14-11-7). Won League Cup against Aston Villa on penalties

Just finished 2009/10 season and they finished fourth, pushing Man Utd out of the Champs Lge places (as the title-winning Liverpool manager, I was pretty happy to see that!).

As a side-note, I've managed to add Newcastle (who lost in the Championship play-offs) to my list of feeder clubs!

Archived