Something must be done!

I know this isn't the first time that this has been mentioned but PLEASE S.I do something about a team's board/chairman interveening when you get an offer for a player and they consider it as 'too good to turn down'. Most of the time the offer is deriserary and in my experience, most of the transfer fee comes straight back to me to buy a new player. I don't need a new player! I would sooner have Craig Cathcart than 2 mil with which I can't replace him.

Before I get yelled at, I know this happens in real life and I'm not even asking for it to be taken out of the game, just please, tone it down! Give us managers some recourse. I just have to sit there like a muppet with a supposed smile on my face while my chairman sells my ticket to promotion! Let me issue an ultimatium or at least blast the chairman in a press conference! Something....

Please S.I, please?

I think you have a point about not even being able to raise a query. I can't say I've had this happen to me, but it would be annoying to lose a star player and not even be able to ask the chairman to reconsider.

All I wonder is, would he?

Probably not....but at least I wouldn't feel like his puppet. This has happened to me with 3 players in my current game save. I buy a great player, and then a half season to a season in someone puts in an offer and he's gone. I usually play with lower league teams so I can understand how cash strapped teams go through this...just let me at least tell the chairman what I think!

My star striker has been sold from under my feet in the past two seasons, I have had no transfer funds from them being sold, my chairman is refusing to back me with funds or extra wages and won't improve facilities.

It happens.

It does happen...but like in real life...wouldn't you feel a little better if you could tell him off when he does that? :)

On Charlton.

Dean Burton Value: 130k

Goals halfway thru season: 18

Club position: 1st.

Then the bottom team in the league goes and bids 130k for him. My board accept, he goes, bottom team gets best scorer in league and my title charge is extremely damaged. I still came first, but wtf.

I know charlton have financial issues but why cant I turn round and say "This player can get us promoted, with him staying the end of season standings would provide more finance than selling on the player."

This needs to be more advanced if anything.

In real life charlton are coming to a similar problem. They need money and might have to sell players, but, they would be much better of keeping the players and getting promoted, but, theres obviously no gaurantee of getting promoted and selling the players now could gaurantee NO promotion.

Its a risk, and the manager should have his say.

(Communication needs to be improved throughout the game (Team talks, transfers, promoting club, manager-to-board negotiations)ect.)

My star striker has been sold from under my feet in the past two seasons, I have had no transfer funds from them being sold, my chairman is refusing to back me with funds or extra wages and won't improve facilities.

It happens.

It is at this point that I would quit and look for a job with a new team. ;)

Look at Steve Bruce! :cool:

Wigan chairman kept seling players he wanted to keep. He had no say (except to the press) and eventually left to manage a team whose chairman would back him and allow him to keep his better players without intervention (Sunderland).

So the question is... do you have the grapes to walk out on the team and seek employment elsewhere? ;)

Atleast they should give us the option to give the board an ultimatium like "You sell this guy for this ****** offer, and I'll resign straight away, suckers!"

Yeah, agreed. That'd be cool.

Why don't you try setting a price for your players in their personal profile? I’ve reached the winter transfer window and received an offer for one of my promising MCs that I couldn’t afford to let go. My chairman accepted an offer of €1.8M for a player valued at €1.1M. No way! I reloaded the game to the day before, set an asking price of about €10M for all of the players I wanted to keep and pressed the “Continue” button and nobody made an offer anymore. I just got a message from the media telling me that the club is thinking to make an offer of about €4.7M but they never did so.

Yes very annoying I wouldn’t mind if the chairman paid off debt with it or most of it but when they sell your player and hand you all the money back its just crazy.

I could also understand it if the offers they accepted were massively in excess of the players value but they aren’t.

The key is to make sure that you set asking prices for your players, that way they chairman won't hopefully intervene - unless it's a belter of an offer.

Yes that would work but it feels like a work around for a bug I don’t know if it is intended to be used that way or not?

The key is to make sure that you set asking prices for your players, that way they chairman won't hopefully intervene - unless it's a belter of an offer.

if you set a really high asking price often clubs won't make a bid in the first place.

It is at this point that I would quit and look for a job with a new team. ;)

Look at Steve Bruce! :cool:

Wigan chairman kept seling players he wanted to keep. He had no say (except to the press) and eventually left to manage a team whose chairman would back him and allow him to keep his better players without intervention (Sunderland).

So the question is... do you have the grapes to walk out on the team and seek employment elsewhere? ;)

It's a challenge aint it?

If I do well enough and get them into the premier league or established in the championship then I will not have the financial restrictions (I hope) and can build the club as I see fit, the chairman might even sell.

I'm building a legacy at the club, not using them as a platform for my own personal gain. The players who are being sold I know in my heart won't be good enough in the long term to do things like win the championship or survive in the premiership, so I know they will leave soon anyway.

Archived