The Belgian Jupiler League, Q about this league

Hi! I began a game. I chosed to play in a league I never played in before, so I choosed Club Brügge from the Belgian Jupiler League. But I don't understand; I have played all 30 matches, and I end up with 64 points, 12 more points than Westerlo (the runner-up). But it is not a "C" left for my team-name on the table, which means that we are the champions. I thought it was a bug. I thought the season was over, but no. We should play more matches. An another tournament was "maked", called "Championship Group". The teams which shall play Championship Group is: Me (Club Brügge), Westerlo, Genk, Anderlecht, Zuite Waregem and Roselare. It was also an another tournament which was "maked" called "European Places Playoff". It is two groups: A and B. These teams shall play In European Places Playoff group A: Gent, Charleroi, Lokeren and Mouscroun.

Group B: Germinal Beerschot, Cercle Brügge, Standard and Sint-Truiden.

What are these tournament? I though my season were ended after I had played all matches in the Belgian League, but no. I have not got a "C" left for my club-name in the league yet, have I won the league or not?

Sorry for my bad English, but I hope you understand. I hope that I can get some help from someone who has some experience from this league. ;)

EDIT: Sorry if I posted this in wrong section.

The Belgian League has unbdergone some serious changes to its league structure this season, i have pasted an extract underneath for you, I hope it explains you situation!

Merry Xmas

New Format

Starting next season (2009-2010) the format of the Jupiler Pro League will be drastically changed. The league will be trimmed down from 18 to 16 teams and next season will see the introduction of Christmas time football and play-offs after the regular season. The new format has already been criticized heavily by many, mainly smaller, teams.

To incorporate the new format, after the current season the numbers 15 and 16, respectively FC Dender and K.S.V. Roeselare have to play the playoffs with Lierse SK and Antwerp FC to decide which team wil get the last first division ticket for next season. RAEC Mons (18th this season) and AFC Tubize (17th this season) relegate to second division and STVV will promote to the Jupiler Pro League.

At the end of the regular season, the numbers 1 to 6 will play the playoffs for the championship, in which they start with half of the points they reached during the regular season. Numbers 7 to 14 will play playoffs to decide which team can play against the number three of the championship playoffs for the last European ticket. Number 15 and 16 will relegate to second division.

If this format will survive has still to be seen. Many already criticized the format and point out the Dutch Eredivisie where the playoffs are not being played anymore.

Hi! I began a game. I chosed to play in a league I never played in before, so I choosed Club Brügge from the Belgian Jupiler League. But I don't understand; I have played all 30 matches, and I end up with 64 points, 12 more points than Westerlo (the runner-up). But it is not a "C" left for my team-name on the table, which means that we are the champions. I thought it was a bug. I thought the season was over, but no. We should play more matches. An another tournament was "maked", called "Championship Group". The teams which shall play Championship Group is: Me (Club Brügge), Westerlo, Genk, Anderlecht, Zuite Waregem and Roselare. It was also an another tournament which was "maked" called "European Places Playoff". It is two groups: A and B. These teams shall play In European Places Playoff group A: Gent, Charleroi, Lokeren and Mouscroun.

Group B: Germinal Beerschot, Cercle Brügge, Standard and Sint-Truiden.

What are these tournament? I though my season were ended after I had played all matches in the Belgian League, but no. I have not got a "C" left for my club-name in the league yet, have I won the league or not?

Sorry for my bad English, but I hope you understand. I hope that I can get some help from someone who has some experience from this league. ;)

EDIT: Sorry if I posted this in wrong section.

It's not a bug or anything. It's the new format for the Belgian League. I guess they decided to spice things up a bit.

From wikipedia:

New Format

Starting next season (2009-2010) the format of the Jupiler Pro League will be drastically changed. The league will be trimmed down from 18 to 16 teams and next season will see the introduction of Christmas time football and play-offs after the regular season. The new format has already been criticized heavily by many, mainly smaller, teams.

To incorporate the new format, after the current season the numbers 15 and 16, respectively FC Dender and K.S.V. Roeselare have to play the playoffs with Lierse SK and Antwerp FC to decide which team wil get the last first division ticket for next season. RAEC Mons (18th this season) and AFC Tubize (17th this season) relegate to second division and STVV will promote to the Jupiler Pro League.

At the end of the regular season, the numbers 1 to 6 will play the playoffs for the championship, in which they start with half of the points they reached during the regular season. Numbers 7 to 14 will play playoffs to decide which team can play against the number three of the championship playoffs for the last European ticket. Number 15 and 16 will relegate to second division.

If this format will survive has still to be seen. Many already criticized the format and point out the Dutch Eredivisie where the playoffs are not being played anymore.

So you'll have an advantage in points, having won the regular season, but you'll have a little more to do before you can be crowned champions.

Why do they need to trim the league anyway? 18 teams (34 games) in a regular season seems just nice. In this format, teams might just wanna hit top 6 within respectable points of the first team, conserving energy for the final run-in.

Probably the only league where the team that finishes top may not be the champion. Doomed to failure like the Dutch Eredivisie playoffs a couple of seasons back.

Why do they need to trim the league anyway? 18 teams (34 games) in a regular season seems just nice. In this format, teams might just wanna hit top 6 within respectable points of the first team, conserving energy for the final run-in.

Probably the only league where the team that finishes top may not be the champion. Doomed to failure like the Dutch Eredivisie playoffs a couple of seasons back.

MLS has playoffs after the regular season...and no, I don't think the format over here is a failure. :p

It sounds interesting over there. I'll have a look if a Belgian club approaches me to be their manager. :)

MLS has playoffs after the regular season...and no, I don't think the format over here is a failure. :p

It sounds interesting over there. I'll have a look if a Belgian club approaches me to be their manager. :)

MLS tends to do things a little differently from Europe, some of which are quite interesting. But Europe is a different system altogether. :)

Archived