Extending a loan

I've searched the issue.

A forum moderator named Neji (I think) told in one thread that as the player nears an end of a loan contract, you get a button within the message that tells you the deal is about to end, which allows you the option to offer a new deal.

So, i've waited, and didn't get the option for neither of my 7 loanees. This was an issue on previous versions as well.

Am I missing something? such an elementary function doe's not exist? anyone from SI?

Yes, that's an option, but it shouldn't work like that. As soon as the player goes back to his old club, the chances of loaning him again go down.

In addition, clubs who loan your players, do get the option, as i've received few requests to extend loans of players of mine who are at other clubs.

Any moderator can help with this? anyone from SI again?

• 4 weeks later...

I have had the button to click to renew the loan so sounds like a bug to me mate.

I've searched the issue.

A forum moderator named Neji (I think) told in one thread that as the player nears an end of a loan contract, you get a button within the message that tells you the deal is about to end, which allows you the option to offer a new deal.

So, i've waited, and didn't get the option for neither of my 7 loanees. This was an issue on previous versions as well.

Am I missing something? such an elementary function doe's not exist? anyone from SI?

I have had the button to click to renew the loan so sounds like a bug to me mate.

I also have had the button. It then told me that the loan could not be renewed, presumably because I was trying to extend a 3 month loan outside of the transfer window?

No more Wilshere for me :(

You can extend the loan of a player at your club only if their original loan deal ends during a transfer window. If you're managing a big club, you should notice that when AI-controlled teams bid to take your players on a short term loan, they usually set it to end during the mid-season transfer window, so that they will have the option to ask to extend it if they want.

And to answer BenDPB, you can extend 3 month deals.

So, if I loan a player until the end of a season, I will never get the button, because the season (i'm playing in spain) ends in july.

I don't have any other option to loan, except the end of the season one, as all the other options are gray.

So, basically, I do not have any option to extand a players loan. Seems like a problem and a bit unrealistic.

Archived