sorry, completely forgot how to install a patch

got the full game today and downloaded patch 10.1 but i really cant remember how you install the patch. can someone remind me, thank you

Are you using steam? If so then dont download any patches yourself as steam does it automatically and trying to install one yourself will cause errors.

• 3 weeks later...

And if those suggestions didnt work for you, I'll tell you what worked for me....

Right click the patch icon and have a look at the 'Opens With' box. If it opens with FM2010, then the games opens without updating. I changed 'Opens With' to WinRAR. Accept the changes, double click the patch icon again, and extract in WinRAR. The patch should autmatically begin its process once WinRAR has unzipped it. Of course, if you havent got WinRAR, I'd recommend downloading that...

:)

Hi Guys, Have done all that is said when trying to add the patch but doesnt seem to be working. Downloaded winRAR but whenever I use the "open with" function and select winRAR

it says "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged." I dont need to add .exe as it already comes up with that on. Was wondering whether anyone would be able to help?

Hi Guys, Have done all that is said when trying to add the patch but doesnt seem to be working. Downloaded winRAR but whenever I use the "open with" function and select winRAR

it says "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged." I dont need to add .exe as it already comes up with that on. Was wondering whether anyone would be able to help?

you dont need winrar. just download the correct patch for your game then when its done, find it on your computer and double click it. Follow the instructions and it will patch your game.

Simple as that!

Archived