Is my video card compatible?

I just received fm10 for xmas, however if I open the seal, the guarantee of returning it back to the store is invalid.

I am using an IBM T40, and I believe all my specs hit the minimum, apart from, the video card.

As I'm sure many of you know its quoted as requiring the ATI Radeon 9800.

I googled the specs of my laptop, and found this page.

http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/thinkpad-t40/4507-3121_7-20947059.html

It quotes, that I have a AGP 4x - ATI Mobility Radeon 9000.

Will I be able to run this game on my laptop?

Help is greatly appreciated, cheers,

Massey.

FM 10 is fairly graphically intensive and requires a card with 128MB of its own dedicated memory to fully run. This card appears to have been launched 7 years ago and have only 32MB of memory( which was fine then ) so it is unlikely to run the full game altho it might run in 2D mode. The game is also not designed for smaller computers and you may also find that the processor may struggle as well.

Or here as well: What are the minimum specs for running the Football Manager 2010 demo on my system?

PC

OS - Windows XP/Vista/Windows7

Processor - XP - 1.4ghz or faster Vista/W7 - 2.0hgz or faster

Memory - XP-512MB Ram, Vista/W7 - 1GB Ram

Video Card - 128MB minimum. Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported.

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

Mac

Intel Processor, OS X 10.5, NVidia Geforce 7300 GT / ATI X1600 Radeon

Please note, if you system doesn't meet the requirements, the game may work, but we/SEGA do not offer support on these machines. We suggest people who aren't certain if it'll work do indeed try the demo first before buying the game

Ah right, I see that.

I'm actually not sure how to check the 128 MB?

Would you know where I could check possibly?

If you type "dxdiag" in the search or 'run' box of your start menu the program will scan your computer and give you the info you need from the 'display' tab once it's finished scanning.

It does sound like your system might be under min sepcs though. Also does your laptop have a dvd drive?

Archived