I am over it si!!!!!

Firstly, FM2010 has been an improvement over the past releases, however certain bugs are really making me f***ng sick of this game.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of hard work has been put into this game and I appreciate and acknowledge that.

There are two issues that are making the game unplayable in my eyes

i) The AI play way too many 'easy' through balls that split my defence so easily, whether I have Terry and Ferdinand at the back or whoever else. It just makes it unrealistic

ii) A player with a 4 rating in long shots scores a hat trick all from 25-30 yard screamers!!

That is absolutely pathetic and I cannot hide my disgust.

Once again, I know every game you release will have bugs, that I understand as we are all human, however flaws like this make the game unplayable and I am really disappointed in the fact that the latest patch has made it worse

I am hoping that in the next patch (10.3) ALL these issues will be fixed and we can try to enjoy this game once again.

Firstly, FM2010 has been an improvement over the past releases, however certain bugs are really making me f***ng sick of this game.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of hard work has been put into this game and I appreciate and acknowledge that.

There are two issues that are making the game unplayable in my eyes

i) The AI play way too many 'easy' through balls that split my defence so easily, whether I have Terry and Ferdinand at the back or whoever else. It just makes it unrealistic

ii) A player with a 4 rating in long shots scores a hat trick all from 25-30 yard screamers!!

That is absolutely pathetic and I cannot hide my disgust.

Once again, I know every game you release will have bugs, that I understand as we are all human, however flaws like this make the game unplayable and I am really disappointed in the fact that the latest patch has made it worse

I am hoping that in the next patch (10.3) ALL these issues will be fixed and we can try to enjoy this game once again.

Please edit the "we" to "I" : 10.2 works perfectly in my experience.

how do you have your defenders playing ? man mark or zonal defense ? do you change your tactics after 1 of these supposed screamers does get scored or do you just sit back, laugh and say, 'oh, that surely wont happen again'. Do you rest on your laurels or regularly change your tactics ?

I don't think you're spending enough time on your tactics, mate, seeing as you've already requested several other people's tactics in different threads. A number of people have told you, and I'll tell you again, that if you're using other people's tactics, your team won't play as well as they could, because a team's tactics is specific to that team, not yours.

you could have all the best players in the world but without decent tactics, you have no chance of winning anything

This is the only thing I dislike about the game really. In the real world you need a mix of good players and tactics to be successful, in FM (especially the last few versions) it seems to be tactics come first, players second. In my opinion this is wrong and a better balance should be struck between the 2.

Oh and the impact of teamtalks toned down! :p

This is the only thing I dislike about the game really. In the real world you need a mix of good players and tactics to be successful, in FM (especially the last few versions) it seems to be tactics come first, players second. In my opinion this is wrong and a better balance should be struck between the 2.

Oh and the impact of teamtalks toned down! :p

I'm not sure I agree, like real life in FM there are just to many variable at work. FM players, like real life players, have both skills and personalities with their own quirks as to how they respond to pressure, praise, and criticism etc.

I think the strength of FM is that I can't simply download your tactic and expect success with my team. Instead I must tailor my tactics to the skills of my players and take into account their personal traits.

Your MC and mine may have the same skills but your man, under pressure, is able to deliver killer through balls while mine simply wilts under the same pressure and gives up possession. Maybe I can use your tactic as a base to tweak\build upon if we have similar sides but "plug and play" should be almost impossible IMHO. Your mileage may vary.

I lost 3-0 at home against fulham. Im Liverpool BTW. I had 21 shots and they had 3. I had 3 disallowed goals!!!

Enough said. 10.2 Patch is ridiculous!

It can happen, however rarely, irl. Therefore, it should happen in the game. It's not happening every game, so it's not unrealistic.

There is very little you can do to stop those defence splitting passes in 10.2 but you can create them just as easily too. Matches between two similar sides are often just a lottery now. Each side gets X clear cut one on one chances and whoever scores most wins, which is frustrating because the conversion rate is so poor and random.

They will fix it for 10.3... and break something else and then we'll wait for FM11 only to find that some bug from FM09 is back... and the endless cycle will continue ;)

my team suffered with throughballs a lot, i reorganised my defence thus:

DR - wing back - automatic

DL - wing back - automatic

DCr - centre back - defend

DCl - ball playing defender - defend

mix of zonal and man marking

and change it to

DR & DL - full back - automatic

DC's - centre back - defend

zonal marking

end result a defence that is tighter than a vicegrip

You simply had a bad match. It happens. Yes, it's also frustrating, but that's why they called it a funny ol' game.

It does sound to me like you may just be giving their players too much time on the ball allowing them to make these pin-point passes through your defence. Add to that your defenders may be getting pulled wide to counter a threat that your full backs haven't dealt with. There is so much to consider before you can declare the game is bugged.

As for the long shots, well the skill in long shots is not all that determines whether a player will score from that distance. Flair, creativity, technique and positioning will surely all have some bearing on whether his piledriver will fly in.

I'd imagine that Fulham would play a defensive game and attempt to counter against Liverpool. Have you adapted to meet their countering threat or do you simply play the same side and tactic in each game?

I will often spend half the match switching my mentality around through different phases of the game. Of course, many people wish to speed through matches as fast as possible. I'm not saying you do, as I don't know your playstyle, but people are going to get more random matches the faster their highlights. Because they are simply not studying the game.

Archived