Penalty shootout 'mishap'

I didn't know whether this was a bug or whether my knowledge of penalty shootouts isn't quite up to standards

I was under the impression come the 120th minute no more substitutions could be made and it was up to the people who are on the pitch who are responsible for the following shootouts...

Anywayyyy I've just played Liverpool in the fourth round of the league cup (2014/15) and after a nil-nil scoreline it went to penalties, i can't handle the suspense of penalties so i holidayed(?) through it and to my relief the news was a 6-5 victory in the shootout i went to click the details and noticed that amongst Bale, Hulk, Jadson and Modric Palacios and Soldado also scored from the spot this struck me as odd as neither of them started and i made no substitutions throughout the match .

Perhaps i'm just getting my rules mixed up ?

Huntelaar19.

huntelaar I'm not sure on the rules there but was under the same impression as you.

seanarsenal if you go to your managers name at the top of the screen during a game and scroll down to settings you still get the option of going on holiday during the game

I wouldn't be able to play the game otherwise seanarsenal, can't deal with pens :L !

Anyway done a bit of research guys and i found this... Only players who were on the pitch at the end of play are allowed to take kicks. A substitution can only be made in the case of injury to a goalkeeper during the kicks, provided the team has not already used the maximum number of substitutes allowed by the competition.

Also unrelated i found this which i thought was quite humourous...Penalty shootouts, properly named kicks from the penalty mark .

thanks guys :)

Archived