'Fairly' New To FM

I recently ordered FM 2010 for myself and I was wondering what kind of things I should be aware of.

In terms of, is it better for me jump in at the deep end with Liverpool as I plan to do, or build myself up with a lower league team?

When attempting to sign players should I go for younger players who can train with my reserves and gradually find there way into my first team?

Does it help to a certain degree that my knowledge of the the beautiful game is quite good?

Basically I just want some general advice to get me going. I had FM06 on my 360 and quite enjoyed it. I wasn't doing fantastic but I know the basics of what to do and what not to do.

Thanks.

Oh gawd.

So, hmm, well.

Start with a good team, not a bad one. Moving on...

If you have no clue as to what to do with wunderbards, then get some young'uns that you know will be good, i.e. Rodwell et. al. Otherwise, learn through experience. Moving on...

Real life knowledge? It often helps. As in, you know what a transfer is. That can be a good thing. Otherwise, I believe it matters little. I mean, how often do you hear Andy Gray lambasting ManUre for their misguided level of creative freedom? Never.

FIN

Honestly, I normally start with a slightly higher reputation team - managing in the lower leagues is tough. Start with Liverpool. Don't get carried away - start simple. Get yourself a decent set of tactics from the defensive through to the attacking. Sort out your backroom staff - that's critical so you can do some decent scouting and get decent assistant manager advice - and lastly, try not to go bonanza on new signings - they'll take time to bed in and that'll make it a harder start.

Good luck!

I recently ordered FM 2010 for myself and I was wondering what kind of things I should be aware of.

In terms of, is it better for me jump in at the deep end with Liverpool as I plan to do, or build myself up with a lower league team?

When attempting to sign players should I go for younger players who can train with my reserves and gradually find there way into my first team?

Does it help to a certain degree that my knowledge of the the beautiful game is quite good?

Basically I just want some general advice to get me going. I had FM06 on my 360 and quite enjoyed it. I wasn't doing fantastic but I know the basics of what to do and what not to do.

Thanks.

with the newest patch 10.2 you will even have a tough time with liverpool, im managing arsenal and i barely make it to the champions league, chelsea who is 1st is like 17 points away. Its a very challenging game imo, so start with either liverpool, Arsenal, Atletico Madrid or even Juventus. Barsa, Real ManU will be a bit too easy.

Start with Man City. A decent team, loads of money and it should give you a good bedding in experience until you feel confident enough to move on to another team.

The problem with Liverpool is their dire financial situation. Its something that can quickly get out of hand if the success and money dries up.

I think I may stick with Liverpool. I don't think I could bare one with Man City. I'll just make sure that I watch the financial side of things and hoefully try and generate a little bit of extra money through a couple of early transfers and ease the situation a bit. Sell two buy one sort of thing.

Thanks for th replies guys!

Archived