Loans - Can't Get Anymore, Only Have 2?

I am playing with Oldham Athletic in League One and after sending back the players they had on loan I brought in Gibson from ManU and Smalling from Stoke on loan. I really need a DM, so I am trying to bring in a DM on loan. Several offers have been accepted, and several have wanted to come, but I can't bring in any more players under 23 on long term domestic loans? I only have two right now, and the max is four, so I should be able to bring in two more, no?

They could be but no.

I have;

Gibson-ManU

Smalling-Stoke

And I have tried for;

Rhys-Boro

Frimpong-Arsenal

Thomas-Arsenal

Trotter-Ipswich

So far they have all been accepted but none can come, which is irritating because I need the DMs to play the formation I want to, and to give cover for the other CMs.

Is this a glitch?

They could be but no.

I have;

Gibson-ManU

Smalling-Stoke

And I have tried for;

Rhys-Boro

Frimpong-Arsenal

Thomas-Arsenal

Trotter-Ipswich

So far they have all been accepted but none can come, which is irritating because I need the DMs to play the formation I want to, and to give cover for the other CMs.

Is this a glitch?

I doubt its a glitch. You can only have 2 (i think) long term loans - ie, full season/6months. Then i think you can have 4 short term loan loans in 1 season, ie, different players from different clubs.

There are certainly rules in place although i cant give a 100% definitve answer.

The players you had on loan at the start of the season count towards the long term loan limits. So if you had two players on loan at the start at the season then 2+2=4 and you aren't allowed any more, cancelling the loan deal doesn't free up a slot.

Archived