How did Gomes get a rating of 10?

Check this out, United vs Spurs. I'm playing as united. We won 4-0. yes 4-0 and yet their keeper got a rating of 9.6 (essentially 10) which is what players normally get when they score 4 goals in a match :p it seems like Gomes got the score for CONCEDING 4 in a match lol.

wtfnf.jpg

So can anyone even begin to explain how the goalkeeper rating thing works? it cant be from saving clearcut chances cos he didnt save any, 4 of them went in and 1 hit the post. All his saves were long ranged shots from my midfielders. For anyone curious the scorers were Fabio, Hamsik, and my Bulgarian regen Rusev (2).

Did he make a lot of (successful) tackles?

well i since u asked i went and had a look at the stats breakdown, and it makes it even more confusing. he only had a 50% pass completion rate, nothing else. Even my keeper had an interception in his stats.

breakdown.jpg

A look at the stats, it's amazing noones spotted the obvious.

You had 15 shots on target of which 5 were blocked, 1 hit the wood, and the other 9 must have been saves.

I've drawn 4-4 with Chelsea and seen my keeper get 9.8 for making a series of saves.

A look at the stats, it's amazing noones spotted the obvious.

You had 15 shots on target of which 5 were blocked, 1 hit the wood, and the other 9 must have been saves.

I've drawn 4-4 with Chelsea and seen my keeper get 9.8 for making a series of saves.

You can't give a keeper a 10 rating for letting in 4 goals no matter if he saved 500 shots. It shouldn't happen.

You can't give a keeper a 10 rating for letting in 4 goals no matter if he saved 500 shots. It shouldn't happen.

I disagree.

He might have played his socks off and made a series of brilliant saves and only been let down by his defence such as in my game.

Reina's 9.8 in my game was entirely deserved, the 3 goals conceded he was not at fault for.

What about the 4 that were scored? ;)

See below ;)

Last season Shay Given put in a superb performance for Newcastle and they still got battered like 6-1 by Liverpool. Sometimes GK's can have no say in a goal going in.

This. Well said, well spotted. Common sense prevails.:thup:

I disagree.

He might have played his socks off and made a series of brilliant saves and only been let down by his defence such as in my game.

Reina's 9.8 in my game was entirely deserved, the 3 goals conceded he was not at fault for.

So when is a keeper at fault for conceeding a goal? If Shay Given conceeded 6 goals in one game then, i'm sorry, he had a bad game.

I disagree.

See below ;)

This. Well said, well spotted. Common sense prevails.:thup:

except Gomes performance wasnt really anything to write home about. in fact he misplaced 50% of his passes. His 5 saves were shots taken from way outside the area. De Rossi pretty much shoots like an idiot whenever he sees space. None of these saves were held either, they were all knocked out by Gomes for corners.

I understand your argument in regards to keepers playing out of their skin and letting in unfortunate goals which aren't their fault. In fact i looked up an instance of this that i had this season playing Juventus.

yeahfy.jpg

If Buffon didnt deserve a 10 for his performance here, there no way at all Gomes did for his pathetic 5 saves. Buffon had ELEVEN saves here with atleast FIVE of them being from clear cut chances. The goals scored here was scored by Welbeck in the 1st minute. Buffon had no chance as it was a turn-and-shoot from near the 6 yard box.

its just a roundup. FM09 used to have the last 5 games rating listed instead of an average, and these were rounded from their decimal values. so whenever i had a striker score 4 goals they would always get a rating of 9.6 which would then show up as 10 on their profile.

yes, 5 is "a lot of saves" :/

Buffon made a lot of saves in that other screenshot i posted :p how is he not worthy of a 9.6!?

btw i just played Spurs again in the FA Cup final. Gomes got man of the match again with 8.6 after letting in 2 goals -_- its a conspiracy i tells you!

^ that i'd say was deserved. there were 14 clearcut chances, so he did apparently pull off some awesome saves. How can anyone say that Gomes played as well vs my United as Rensing did vs yours :p Sure Rensing also let in 4 but he also saved like 10 clearcut chances did he not?

He deserves a 9.6 because Spurs were incredibly brave (and stupid) to put Dossena in front of him (Gomes was probably playing as a left-back in addition to a goalkeeper), and because they put Gareth Fail on for him at half-time!

Actually, scrap that, he deserves a knighthood, sainthood and Keys to the Universe.

Agree. It is ridiculous having Gomes with 9.6 while Buffon get 8.2 on the other game. Comparing what happened (stats) in both games.

I often see keepers getting very good games with clean sheet at the end but anyway I rarely see these keepers get above 8. Though I am refering to FM 2009, i suppose FM 2010 is still similar.

Archived