Requirements for mentoring?

Does anyone know what the requirements are to be able to tell a player to learn from another?

I've got a 21-year-old wonderkid DC who I believe could benefit from the experience of a particular veteran DC in my squad but there's no "learn from" options in his interaction page.

Is there anything I can do or is it that he just feels "above" that way of learning?

Does anyone know what the requirements are to be able to tell a player to learn from another?

I've got a 21-year-old wonderkid DC who I believe could benefit from the experience of a particular veteran DC in my squad but there's no "learn from" options in his interaction page.

Is there anything I can do or is it that he just feels "above" that way of learning?

Well how can you tutor a wonderkid.Were Messi or Ronlado or Pato tutored?No

move the veteran in the 1st team squad

move the wonderkid to the reserves

press continue, play through a day, then try

if your wonderkid has been a 1st team regular, it shouldnt work

Ah, this sounded plausible but alas, no, it didn't work.

Yes, my wonderkid has been a first team regular, and my assman rates him as my best defender by 2 whole stars. (The wonderkid being a 4* player now). :D

His determination is only 12 though, so I bought Ivan Marcano specifically to train up his mental side after doing the same thing with Thiago Silva and another young defender a couple of seasons previously.

Actually, I've just checked his profile page and he's no longer a "Wonderkid", he's a "Towering centre-back" with a "Worldwide" reputation. :D

Anyway, I still don't know the answer... is this sort of thing a "secret" or would one of the friendly S.I. chappies be able to tell us the criteria for being able to do this?

fyl2u, you can have your wonderkid tutored. Think your tutor must have a higher reputation / CA though.

Yeah, those are two of the things I thought it might be.

Others I thought might be involved...

First team appearances: mentor must have more of them than the student

Mentor's first-team appearances that resulted in a "worthy" performance while student is at the club

International appearances, mentor must have more than the student

"Influence" attribute must be higher in the mentor than the student

Student thinks the mentor is a good player or that he could teach him something - i.e. repects a particular attribute of the mentor.

Student likes the teacher's personality or thinks he has a nice bum.

OK the last one's a joke ;)

Your player is world class anyway he dosent need tutoring.You can improve his determination when fining him wages for bad performance,but it doenst work all the time.

:eek: Is that right:? I didn't know that! Thanks matey! :cool:

Archived