A bug,perhaps?

Okay I'm not sure whether this is posted before..I am currently playing 10.2 and whenever I have a player sent off and I appeal against ban, well usually(99%) the appeal thing doesn't do any favour to me and my player gets another extra ban...Then some of my players will definitely have "worry about lack of discipline", and this happens everytime I did not warn or fine my players, even appealing against ban...

From now on I'll juz warn them everytime they get sent off...

So what's the bug? If your player gets a deserved red card and you don't warn/fine him, how is that not a lack of discipline?

And how sure are you that my player deserved a red card? His teammate was furious with the referee and the commentary said it was harsh..That is why I appealed against the ban

I've never seen a ban appeal go through, even if the Commentary says it "looked harsh" or "looked like a dubious decision".

I've seen it a couple of times on previous FMs but not in FM10 yet though...I just wonder if appealing against ban fails then that surely is due to lack of discipline? IMO this is something SI can improve on

And how sure are you that my player deserved a red card? His teammate was furious with the referee and the commentary said it was harsh..That is why I appealed against the ban

Red cards bring out the worst in players, and they are likely to defend their teammates. Ever seen players surroud the ref (in real life) for an even just slightly dubious decision?

Have you checked what the ref''s rating was? It seems like 99% of the time you have no reason to appeal.

Red cards bring out the worst in players, and they are likely to defend their teammates. Ever seen players surroud the ref (in real life) for an even just slightly dubious decision?

Have you checked what the ref''s rating was? It seems like 99% of the time you have no reason to appeal.

And that's why I am wondering that every sending off must be treated with a warning/fine to avoid lack of discipline? the ref had a good game and has a rating of almost 8

And that's why I am wondering that every sending off must be treated with a warning/fine to avoid lack of discipline? the ref had a good game and has a rating of almost 8

In that case there's not much chance he got it wrong.

I personally treat every sending off as deserved. With the 3d engine it's slightly easier to see what happened (and I've seen some awful reds for my team). I appreciate it's not ideal as it doesn't really reflect what goes on in real life (where red cards are frequently successfully appealed against/where referees make more mistakes), but I found most of my red cards to be just and fair. I go by what I see not what the commentary tells me. I'd rather have one of my players missing for 2 matches than have another player worried for months by a supposed lack of discipline.

I'm not trying to wind you up or prove you wrong, by the way, since I agree with your point that there's room for improvement here. What did your assistant manager have to say about the case? Mine keeps saying he didn't see anything, which makes me wonder what the hell he's doing in the dug-out.

In that case there's not much chance he got it wrong.

I personally treat every sending off as deserved. With the 3d engine it's slightly easier to see what happened (and I've seen some awful reds for my team). I appreciate it's not ideal as it doesn't really reflect what goes on in real life (where red cards are frequently successfully appealed against/where referees make more mistakes), but I found most of my red cards to be just and fair. I go by what I see not what the commentary tells me. I'd rather have one of my players missing for 2 matches than have another player worried for months by a supposed lack of discipline.

I'm not trying to wind you up or prove you wrong, by the way, since I agree with your point that there's room for improvement here. What did your assistant manager have to say about the case? Mine keeps saying he didn't see anything, which makes me wonder what the hell he's doing in the dug-out.

He says it's up to me to appeal or not...Anyway I don't really mind this, because my team is doing quite well atm, so no reason to worry much ;)

Archived