Goals scored while in team management

on more than a few occasions i've been leading a game, gone into team management/tactics and suprise suprise the opposition score, usually from no-where as i'm well on-top, sometimes even twice in a game, anyone else experience this? or is it my players all stop and wait for my tactical changes allowing the opposition to score? :confused:

i have taken to pausing when entering tactics, its just so frustrating, if i dont change things my really poor squad all end up @ 60% condition, if i go into tactics we concede so i dont need to go defensive or switch formations etc....not good :(

Do people not realise that its pre-programmed? Not the results, but i mean the events within the match itself. Say at 64 minutes, the same thing would happen regardless of whether you were changing tactics, viewing the match differently, or anything else you may be wanting to do. Thats why when you start a match there is a delay whilst the match is calculated. What happens is a result of these calculations.

Kriss is right, it's nice to see one of the oldest myths going strong still. :D

Myth or no myth its happening :(
And this is why there is a PAUSE button.

Both suggestions are irrelevant. The only thing that will change anything is a tactical switch or substitution in the mean-time. If you pause the game, then un-pause it and nowt has happened then nothing would have happened if you hadn't have paused it.

SI have covered this many many many many many many times. Anyhting else is just superstition!

I dunno Simon, heard a whisper that if you make sure your mouse pointer is in your own half and then use the keyboard shortcut to go to tactics it distracts the AI manager while you change your tactics and he misses what you've changed;)

I dunno Simon, heard a whisper that if you make sure your mouse pointer is in your own half and then use the keyboard shortcut to go to tactics it distracts the AI manager while you change your tactics and he misses what you've changed;)

Pure lies!!!!

You have to waggle the cursor in front of the oppo's dugout to distract him! ;)

since it happens 24/7 i dont see how its myth gtfo troll mod

Yes....... the moderator is a troll :rolleyes:

Im sure the explanations of Paul Collyer - creator of the match engine - which match what me and Kriss have been hinting towards is also classed as trolling?

Get your facts straight before telling people to "get the f*** out" of the thread!

I don't think it is a myth.

If you are making tactical changes or subs then there must be a reason for it, if everything was fine then you wouldn't be making changes. It is surely the time when your team is at its most vunerable to conceding a goal.

I'll tell you what: if you click on a player to view his profile while in the game, he WILL score against you, 100% guaranteed. Especially if you note that he's not scored all season. :mad::D

since it happens 24/7 i dont see how its myth gtfo troll mod

and yes it happened to me.. used to happen in 2009 way more often tho

I assure you it is a myth, and because you probably believe in fairies too I'm not going to infract you this time:) but don't try my patience, it's less then wise to tell a mod to gtfo out.

It is a myth, im sure more goals are scored when you are not checking your tactics etc...

I do remember it happening a lot, so I also took to pausing, seems silly but it does help me make better changes as I have time to think!

I don't think it is a myth.

If you are making tactical changes or subs then there must be a reason for it, if everything was fine then you wouldn't be making changes. It is surely the time when your team is at its most vunerable to conceding a goal.

dafuge, i'd expect more from you than that! Surely you know how the ME works?

What your saying is that going into the tactical options means you may be more likely to score. It doesnt happen like that!

At the very start of the game, when you have done your starting teams, tactics and team talks, the game will say something like "calculating" or "processing" or whatever the progress bar that flips across the screen says. What it is doing there is calculating all the variables between your team, the oppo team, home/away etc etc. What you see being played on the pitch is a result of these calculations and if you made no changes at all, then the result would not change from what has been calculated before the match. So if the calculations came out as a 1-0 away win with a goal scored from a free-kick in the 62nd and nothing was changed at all, then that is how the result will end up.

If however, you tweak the tactics during the game, then everytime you go back to the match display the result is altered. So say you tweak a tactic in the 4th minute, the outcome and events of the match would be "processed" and displyed again. Then you tinkered again in the 20th minute, the game would "process" again and what you saw would change accordingly.

If you go into the tactics screen and something happens whilst your in there, rest assured that it was going to happen regardless. You could be in any screen, watching any view of the match, and providing you havn't changed any tactics, the event would happen regardless.

I thought this was common knowledge but apparently not!

What your saying is that going into the tactical options means you may be more likely to score. It doesnt happen like that!

At the very start of the game, when you have done your starting teams, tactics and team talks, the game will say something like "calculating" or "processing" or whatever the progress bar that flips across the screen says. What it is doing there is calculating all the variables between your team, the oppo team, home/away etc etc. What you see being played on the pitch is a result of these calculations and if you made no changes at all, then the result would not change from what has been calculated before the match. So if the calculations came out as a 1-0 away win with a goal scored from a free-kick in the 62nd and nothing was changed at all, then that is how the result will end up.

If however, you tweak the tactics during the game, then everytime you go back to the match display the result is altered. So say you tweak a tactic in the 4th minute, the outcome and events of the match would be "processed" and displyed again. Then you tinkered again in the 20th minute, the game would "process" again and what you saw would change accordingly.

If you go into the tactics screen and something happens whilst your in there, rest assured that it was going to happen regardless. You could be in any screen, watching any view of the match, and providing you havn't changed any tactics, the event would happen regardless.

I thought this was common knowledge but apparently not!

You may have misinterpreted Daguge's post. I thought Daf was saying that, the reason you're in your tactics is because something is wrong; your team aren't playing well. You're more likely to concede a goal when your team aren't playing well. Ergo, that's why it may appear that more goals are conceded when you're in the tactics area.

You may have misinterpreted Daguge's post. I thought Daf was saying that, the reason you're in your tactics is because something is wrong; your team aren't playing well. You're more likely to concede a goal when your team aren't playing well. Ergo, that's why it may appear that more goals are conceded when you're in the tactics area.

Ahh, now i get it :thup:

So all that explanation was for no reason then :(

I'm no expert on the ME but surely you are more likely to concede a goal if you have tired players on the pitch towards the end of the game?

I'm talking about the reason for you needing to go to the tactics screen, not the actual act of doing it.

Ahh, now i get it :thup:

So all that explanation was for no reason then :(

No, because it explains precisely why the supposition is a myth:thup: unfortunately there will still be a host of people who prefer mythology to fact:D

No, because it explains precisely why the supposition is a myth:thup: unfortunately there will still be a host of people who prefer mythology to fact:D

Surely one of the main reasons people go to the tactics screen is because they think they are going to concede a goal for whatever reason (tactical, fitness, injuries etc). The time between going to the tactics screen and implementing the changes must be a pretty vunerable time for a team in this situation?

I'm not suggesting that the action of going to the tactics screen causes the opposition to score, it is the reason you are going there that makes me think the opposition are more likely to score then.

I'm no expert on the ME but surely you are more likely to concede a goal if you have tired players on the pitch towards the end of the game?

I'm talking about the reason for you needing to go to the tactics screen, not the actual act of doing it.

I understand that dafuge, but the supposition is that by purely being on the tactics screen means your more likely to concede, as the OP says.

Surely one of the main reasons people go to the tactics screen is because they think they are going to concede a goal for whatever reason (tactical, fitness, injuries etc). The time between going to the tactics screen and implementing the changes must be a pretty vunerable time for a team in this situation?

I'm not suggesting that the action of going to the tactics screen causes the opposition to score, it is the reason you are going there that makes me think the opposition are more likely to score then.

Not neccesarily. perhaps you go there just to make a tweak early in the game?

I understand that dafuge, but the supposition is that by purely being on the tactics screen means your more likely to concede, as the OP says.

Ah right, I'm not saying that is the case at all. I'm just trying to suggest a reason for why some people may think that is the case.

For me, the most common use of the tactics screen is to make late changes to replace tired players, this is probably the point in the match when my team is at its weakest so it makes sense to me to think that this is the time when we are most likely to concede. Obviously other people may make more use of the tactics screen than I do but I suspect there are a fair few people who use it in a similar way.

Archived