some games you are just not meant to win.....

85th minute, winning 2-1 against atletico madrid at vicente calderon and this is how my team of world class players trainned by world class coachers decide to receive a corner kick....

the minute i saw it i knew it was going to be a goal. and of course it was.

wtf.jpg

Unless youve set up your corners all wrong, then SI should bow their head in shame once again!!

Yes, it might be a great game, however too many bugs are really stuffing it up.

Why didnt CM 01/02 have bugs like this?

I think since the 3d match engine came into the picture, the game has totally bugged out

my corners are set up as default; and never had a real problem with it.

the issue i have been experiencing is that, for whatever reason, my opposing teams are only sending a handful of their players to the area and the rest of their team sits on the midfield.

of course my players (as configured) go and "mark" them on the midfield.

but they've never left anyone unmarked in the area until this match... and they left two wondering on their own as if 1 was not enough.

Unless youve set up your corners all wrong, then SI should bow their head in shame once again!!

It's acknowledged and being looked in to the fact that there are a few existing issues with marking and set-piece defending. What exactly is there to 'bow their head in shame about' though? As stated the user is set to default set-piece instructions and we are not told of their tactical setup or mentality. There's thus little case for blaming the game so far, particularly without more evidence being given. If there is indeed an issue, it seems to be a minor one and one that reporting as a bug should see fixed.

Yes, it might be a great game, however too many bugs are really stuffing it up.

Too many? There seem to be very few beyond those that are either subjective (users unhappy about fatigue/injuries etc), hardware/user related, or that are largely superficial (text, graphics, media). Most that exist are already being looked in to, and any reported in the bugs forum should be looked into and fixed in the near future.

Why didnt CM 01/02 have bugs like this?

It did. The ME was very easy to exploit and a rather poor representation of football, the game was very simplistic, easy and repetitive, media was poor and often unrealistic, teams became far too wealthy too easily, management often seemed unrealistically involved in some areas, the transfer system was poor, the game was full of cheat players and dodgy research, implementation of rules was poor, allowing B teams to become bigger than the first team, WP and other such systems being very basic, and allowing small clubs to rise to the top with ease etc etc...

Also the regen system made long term games tiresome and very very unrealistic.

There was so much you couldn't do that seems essential now (coach reports etc). It was VERY fun at the time, but trying to play it now (unless wearing the nostalgia goggles) it seems so crap. :o

I think since the 3d match engine came into the picture, the game has totally bugged out

I have to say that the realism in terms of football being accurately represented has increased greatly since the 3D engine - and the extensive work behind it. While the graphics may sometimes lag behind, the engine has never been better.

CM01/02 was just not as visual as recent editions. You just couldn't see the movement - doesn't mean it was better. The lack of visuals hid a lot of the exploits. Remember how getting the striker to mark the opposition goalkeeper meant you could win every game? And on FM07 and 08, it was so easy to build a world class team and dominate every season with super-tactics and quality players.

For those wearing nostalgia glasses whilst playing, try playing FM10 on commentary only. See if it increases your enjoyment of the game.

I can't say what happened with the OP's example, but the marking of players up the pitch is probably correct.

Archived