Problem after format

You mean when you put the disc in it doesn't start automatically?

To install the game again, go into 'control panel' and double click 'add or remove programs'. Select the 'add new programs' tab, and click the button marked 'CD or floppy'.

That should work if you meant what I think you meant. :)

ok listen.i dont have football manager in my pc now.the reason is i have had my pc format.the problem is that when i am inserting the cd in starts the installanywhere thing and then stops.i tried downloading the game from steam but says game is not available now.i cant understand why cant i install the game from the beggining?or how can i delete my steam account and create a new one?or whats happening?

I've done a load of research on this, and come up with 2 possibilites.

1. You've got the autorun feature switched off.

OR

2. It no longer works on your computer due to the format thing.

For number 1, you just need to turn it on again:

How To Enable/Disable Autorun (Windows XP)

1.Open Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + "e" key.

2.Right-click the desired CD-ROM and select Properties from the menu.

3.Select the AutoPlay tab.

4.Select each item from the pulldown list and for the Action to perform, select "Take no action" to disable autorun, or pick the apporpriate action to take if enabling autorun.

5.Select OK.

For number 2, you'll have to download an autorun editor, that allows you to select what action is taken by the computer when you insert a certain disk. The link explaining it is here:

http://autorun.moonvalley.com/instructions.htm

And this is the link where you can download it:

http://autorun.moonvalley.com/download.htm

For your sake, I hope it's the first one, as the download seems very complicated.

Hope this helps. :)

I've done a load of research on this, and come up with 2 possibilites.

1. You've got the autorun feature switched off.

AUTORUN is always set to on after a new install, unless he has one of them "slipstreamed" O/S discs?

As for his problem, it would be wise to get onto steam and find out why he is having problems with his account.

Judging by the amount of forum posts, and not just here, there are 1000s elsewhere, it seems steam are very inept when dealing with PC games.

AUTORUN is always set to on after a new install, unless he has one of them "slipstreamed" O/S discs?

Maybe "off" was the wrong word. I meant that he might have pre-selected an option for when he inserts new discs. He could have set his computer to do nothing.

Maybe "off" was the wrong word. I meant that he might have pre-selected an option for when he inserts new discs. He could have set his computer to do nothing.

There is no option to turn autorun on/off during a new install from a proper windows disc, unless you use one of them "underground" slipstreamed discs.

The only place to turn off autorun, or "boot from CD/DVD drive" is in the BIOS before boot up, and that way he wouldn't be able to boot his install disc anyway.

There is no option to turn autorun on/off during a new install from a proper windows disc, unless you use one of them "underground" slipstreamed discs.

The only place to turn off autorun, or "boot from CD/DVD drive" is in the BIOS before boot up, and that way he wouldn't be able to boot his install disc anyway.

Yes there is. See below:

My Computer -> (right click on the drive you wish to change the autorun settings for) Properties -> AutoPlay -> Select the 'take no action' button.

Yes there is. See below:

My Computer -> (right click on the drive you wish to change the autorun settings for) Properties -> AutoPlay -> Select the 'take no action' button.

I think we both have our wires crossed here!

You are correct, but that action is only available after he has installed his O/S. He may have disabled autorun after he installed, but as he never mentioned it, I am assuming he never touched the autorun feature.

I was saying that it is impossible to disable autorun BEFORE you have finished installing Windows, and autorun is always set to on after a new install.

Anyway, you enjoy the rest of the day, I'm off to get p***ed :)

Thank you all for your effort.First autorun has nothing to do cause it starts perfoming autorun and after reaching 100% of installanywhere(this is the autorun program of the dvd) does nothing.I have thought to unistall my steam account.If i delete everything there maybe it starts working but how is this possible?To delete the steam account and football manager 2010 from it?

I think we both have our wires crossed here!

You are correct, but that action is only available after he has installed his O/S. He may have disabled autorun after he installed, but as he never mentioned it, I am assuming he never touched the autorun feature.

I was saying that it is impossible to disable autorun BEFORE you have finished installing Windows, and autorun is always set to on after a new install.

Anyway, you enjoy the rest of the day, I'm off to get p***ed :)

Okay then. :) Hope the 2nd option works for him then.

Archived