sick and tired of watching goals on first five minutes

I'm about 2 seasons in and there is very rarely an early goal scored by either my team or the CPU.

Can't understand why a) you believe its a ME fault, and b) its something SI have got wrong. Or maybe this is just the fotm thing to do?

almost every game? really? no, it just seems like its that often when you're conceding them.

edit: whoops hit enter too soon. Post some stats if you think its really that bad, then you'll have at least half an argument.

You could also maybe change your starting strategy to 'contain' or 'defend'. Personally, i dont care when my team scores a goal :cool:

Your OP does sound like you have just conceded an early and decided to winge about it and blame someone else, rather than trying to alter things to stop it happening. Sometimes i feel SI should includ an auto win button for people who want to win or not concede every game :rolleyes:

I'm almost at the end of my current season with Liverpool, so i'll count up the "early" goals (inside 5 mins) and see how it pans out. Maybe he's right...

Its not a problem i've experienced in 5 seasons at Newcastle. Sure, i get the odd one or two but its certainly not something that stands out to me.

Its not a problem i've experienced in 5 seasons at Newcastle. Sure, i get the odd one or two but its certainly not something that stands out to me.

Well, as things stand, its happened in 5 out of 44 games in all competitions (not friendlies) this season for me, 4 for and 1 against.

This one of Bendtner's miraculous abilities in my game :)

He will use go around the defence usually and then hammer home a ****ing whopper of a goal.. And i'll be like, **** YEAH!

I as you can see love early goals.

I take it all back.. its a horrendous bug and must be fixed asap (has to be a bug if Bendtner can do it!) :p

Lol, that was first season. I've achieved great things! I managed to get Barcelona taking interested in Bendtner! Of course I didn't sell him though.. He got 15 goals in 25 appearances which is fine by me.. And about 3 hat tricks.. He even won me the FA cup against Man U with some wonder goals.. One being one of those early whoppers..

Bendtner can do anything!

...managed to get Barcelona taking interested in Bendtner!....

this is the same Barcelona that just bought Dirk Kuyt for £14.25m from Liverpool on my save?? :p;)

(slightly OT but its sooo much easier to offload crappy players for good money now!!)

Actually, if you look carefully you’ll see that the game stop for a while at the 7th or 8th minute, exactly sharp on the 7th or the 8th. Right before that there’s the rush and destroy for the AI. I use tricks too to counter the AI poor coding as the match engine is totally flawed and patched with tricks not solutions. Ignore the morons that tell you you’re a cheater and blabla, that they refuse to use the “no team talk” because it’s bad. FM isn’t real life, there no benefit accepting to lose a game because you refuse to play 4-4-2 for ideological reasons. These people are those who would have died because of natural selection in the wildlife, don’t be a loser.

Play like that:

- 4-4-2 (always)

- Fluid

- Normal (then switch to “All out attack” right when the match starts)

- Direct passing style

- More pressing

- Default tackling

- Zonal marking

- Crossing 2nd post

- More xxx (I don’t know how it’s translated in English)

Individual instructions:

GB: default

DR: default

DL: default

DC: centerback

MR: Winger, attacking

ML: Winger, attacking

MC: Advanced playmaker, support

MC: Ball winner, defending

ST: Complete striker, attacking

ST: Striker at the back, support

Accept the fact that there’s a formation that the AI can’t cope with, that team talks are 99% generating losses not wins, so never use “team talks” at the beginning of a match or at half time, just tell your players at the end of the game what you think of their performance or you will have players moaning about the lack of credit you give them.

I’ve seen so many people not understanding why they’re losing games with a tactic that IRL would work just fine, and keep trying with it, refusing to accept that FM is a game and that the clever guy will find a way to beat the machine. I’d like too to be able to play a nice offensive 4-5-1, but if you’re not ManCity and have their cash, you will have hard times finding players good enough to play the way you want and still win.

Actually, if you look carefully you’ll see that the game stop for a while at the 7th or 8th minute, exactly sharp on the 7th or the 8th. Right before that there’s the rush and destroy for the AI. I use tricks too to counter the AI poor coding as the match engine is totally flawed and patched with tricks not solutions. Ignore the morons that tell you you’re a cheater and blabla, that they refuse to use the “no team talk” because it’s bad. FM isn’t real life, there no benefit accepting to lose a game because you refuse to play 4-4-2 for ideological reasons. These people are those who would have died because of natural selection in the wildlife, don’t be a loser.

Play like that:

- 4-4-2 (always)

- Fluid

- Normal (then switch to “All out attack” right when the match starts)

- Direct passing style

- More pressing

- Default tackling

- Zonal marking

- Crossing 2nd post

- More xxx (I don’t know how it’s translated in English)

Individual instructions:

GB: default

DR: default

DL: default

MR: Winger, attacking

ML: Winger, attacking

MC: Advanced playmaker, support

MC: Ball winner, defending

ST: Complete striker, attacking

ST: Striker at the back, support

Accept the fact that there’s a formation that the AI can’t cope with, that team talks are 99% generating losses not wins, so never use “team talks” at the beginning of a match or at half time, just tell your players at the end of the game what you think of their performance or you will have players moaning about the lack of credit you give them.

I’ve seen so many people not understanding why they’re losing games with a tactic that IRL would work just fine, and keep trying with it, refusing to accept that FM is a game and that the clever guy will find a way to beat the machine. I’d like too to be able to play a nice offensive 4-5-1, but if you’re not ManCity and have their cash, you will have hard times finding players good enough to play the way you want and still win.

Yeah, and don't forget the "super-keeper" too... :rolleyes:

Archived