Coaches Judging Personality

One thing I have been wondering about is why certain coaches can tell you more about a player's personality than others (e.g. making the judgement 'will have to adapt to fit in' or 'you have an ambitious squad and player x will add to it' etc.)

It seems to me that the decision as to which coaches can present this information is down to their 'coaching style'. I might not be 100% correct about this, so I stand to be corrected, but on my current game coaches with an 'attacking' style can tell me about attacking players, and coaches with a 'defensive' style appear able to tell me about defenders and midfielders. Only goalkeeper coaches can tell me about goalkeepers. 'General' or 'fitness' style coaches cannot tell me anything at all about how players will fit in. In general, these coaches will also provide fuller reports. That's what I am finding anyway.

I imagine that the idea behind this is that an 'attacking' style coach, for instance, will spend more time with the attacking players and therefore feel more able to comment on their personality and how it fits in with the team. That's also why they produce fuller reports, I would think. However, this is a real pain when you are managing a non-League or part-time team and are only allowed one or two coaches.

Currently, I have a very good general coach at one of the clubs that I am managing but he is unable to tell me anything much about my squad. His reports are quite basic and he won't comment on player personalities and how they fit in with the team. I might have to sack him and bring in someone with 'attacking' or 'defensive' style coaching. :(

It seems like a bit of a pain to me, especially as my scouts can automatically tell me who suits the squad and who doesn't. Their reports are usually more complete reports too.

Any thoughts people? Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks,

C.

I've found that if you scout a player again, or send the scout to watch his match, your next scouting report may have more information. I don't know the exact formula, however. Curious to read the responses.

For each additional scout report you'll get more information. If you only ask for a report card, you'll only get a basic report. Scouting players for the full 3 match option gives you the full detail of his attributes and the stuff you find in the scouts report.

Crouchy - I took a look at the thread title and was expecting something about easter eggs in the game - and to read about Ter's love of Peri Peri chicken :D

Archived