Have you had any flops? If so, who were they?

I signed Jesús Navás and Steven Defour last season and both of them seem to flop, Defour has a average rating of 6.2 after about 30 games, the rest of the team is at 7.0+ except Navás and Navás is at about 5.9.

So, I was wondering if you guys had any flops and who they were? :confused:

Often have defensive midfielders in the hole between the back four and the midfield seem to get poor average ratings and would be classed as a "flop". Mamadou Diarra, Thiago Motta and Javi Garcia struggle in the mid to late's 6's. Team performs much better with one there though. Got Pablo Zabaleta from Everton on a seasons loan so going to see how he goes there next season.

Bought Franck Ribery for £25M in summer 2011 as Chelsea. He only managed 1 goal and 6 assists in 23 games and failed to settle in England, so I sold him in January 2011 to City for £42M and in the next 3 and a half seasons he has only managed 2 goals and 6 assists in 40 games.

Bought Franck Ribery for £25M in summer 2011 as Chelsea. He only managed 1 goal and 6 assists in 23 games and failed to settle in England, so I sold him in January 2011 to City for £42M and in the next 3 and a half seasons he has only managed 2 goals and 6 assists in 40 games.

Well, at least it's good business. :)

My worst ever signing has to be Wayne Rooney without a doubt, brought him in to play with Arshavin just behind him and tey ended up hating eachother... I sold him for 1/2 of what I payed for him and brought in Balotelli, who is probably one of the best players who I have managed. Such a contrast...

I might get rid of Navás aswell bought him for 42M, but I really need a new winger, I've been using Kaká left but he keeps getting injured and is in his 30's any suggestions for a left winger? I got a class youth talent coming up but he's not ready yet so a temp 1-2 seasons winger.

FM09 - Mario Gomez

Signed him for £19m first season with Arsenal on £110k a week? Or something stupid for a 3 year contract. Took around 15 starts to score a goal, and at the end of the season I thought, hell with his, I'd prefer Aguero. Sold him to Man City for £15m, okay a little lost a little money on that. But then a news item came up saying he wants the extra £30k a week still to be payed by Arsenal, Man City offered him an £80k contract and he went! Scoring 15-20 goals for Man City that season.. Distastrous flop.

Bought Iaquinta for Liverpool. Absolute waste of $15M. Sold him to Barca for $28M. Bought Dzeko.

I actually agree it is way too easy to make money by buying a player and selling him in the next transfer window. The problem is that when players play bad their value/attributes don't necessarily get worse and vice versa. The only player this hasn't worked with is Aquilani which makes sense.

Simon Vukcevic. Bought him for 4M in summer 2010 for my Barcelona team. Signed as rotation player to add depth. He never settled in (13 starts, 9 subs) and requested transfer in March. I checked his Adaptability... 6. Maybe I should have checked that before signing him.

In FM09, I signed Hulk for Chelsea, purely as a backup. Didn't score a single goal, or get an assist the entire season, had an average rating of like 6.00. He played up front with Balotelli, so assists weren't even that hard to get! I followed RL Chelsea, and signed Sturridge. Played much better, and was capable of actually scoring.

£8m regen from administration-hit Napoli. Thought he'd be a good backup player. Ended up making Voronin look useful. I relegated him to helping my Under-20s in the closing stages of the season because he was that awful, and he still managed to average in the high 6.00s for ratings. He was terrible, but because he actually scored some goals, he wasn't branded flop of the season.

i signed alex silva from Hamburg for €12.25m for Arsenal, and he was very poor for first 6 months, turned out something to do with playing a ball playing defender, as well as 2 wing-backs in the back 4 -> lesson learned, not to have 3 defenders that like to attack!

Got Fabio Borini from Chelsea to my Rushden on a season long loan, had to pay 50k for the deal to go through, utter waste of money - Played in 13 games so far, out of 17, and scored 3. Had all the strikers who were already at my side scoring 8+ and he took up almost my entire budget the tool. All he does is moan about my team talks as well.. he'll be hanging around the entire season till he bucks his ideas up.

Takayuki Morimoto was one of my flops in an early game. Bought him for $14,000,000. Only lasted two seasons with me, scoring just 9 goals in 55 games before I got fed up and flogged him back to Italy for about half.

Tijani Belaid. Only cost me £2.3m but was dreadful. He has amazing technical stats but couldn't settle at Birmingham, I resorted to giving him a leave of absence for a month but when he came back he was just as bad. I tried playing him in different positions but didn't score all season.

Fernando Torres on fm07 for Inter, sell Adriano to Chelsea for 60million buy Torres for 35mil 2 goals all season somehow (both winners against Milan mind) and started most games, Ibrahimovic was top scorer by a mile as we won the league and Crespo and Cruz both got a fair few despite sitting on the bench most of the time

I don't get flops, only bugged transfers.. ;-)

Nah in all seriousness I have had many flops. Managed to save enough cash to sign Aguero on FM09 to replace Gerrard who was getting old to partner Torres. He cost a cool £40m, turns out he couldn't settle, scored 8 goals all season and I had to sell him on at a loss the next season. Replaced him with Messi, who for some reason Barca decided to offer for £12m. He just couldn't perform in the premiership, even after making the formation more like Barca and giving him the tools he needed to shine.

Archived