Getting a good youth intake.

Currently playing as Sheff Wednesday.

Any tips i should be following to get some good youth players, every year i get the intake but the assistant reports brings them all back as one star so they get released. Club have upgraded youth facilities to the max they will allow in championship, how can i get better youth.

Improve your team's reputation by getting promoted, winning some trophies etc.

Also improve your scouting network to find good 15/16 year old regens from other clubs. The vast majority of 'homegrown' youth in real life signed for the club they brokethrough at at around the age of 15/16.

Besides that, it's just luck :p

The main factor in determining quality is the youth facilities, so until the club progresses there doesn't sound like there's a lot of room for manoeuvre there.

Of course there's always the possibility that your Assistant manager might not be correct.

T hats my problem though Vic, i'm sheff wed, i don't have any funds to buy players that maybe in my team in 4/5 years. I'm not after a squad of potential world beater coming through every year, but surely i should get 1 or two potential first team players and players that i may lose to bigger clubs which would generate some much needed funds.

T hats my problem though Vic, i'm sheff wed, i don't have any funds to buy players that maybe in my team in 4/5 years. I'm not after a squad of potential world beater coming through every year, but surely i should get 1 or two potential first team players and players that i may lose to bigger clubs which would generate some much needed funds.

Smaller teams will usually accept a deal based largely on the player's future performances. I got that 5mil striker for 250k up front, and a whole host of future payment clauses, so if he doesn't work out, I don't pay anything, and can sell him on, and if he does, I'll be winning more stuff and can therefore afford to pay.

I'm pretty sure the logic of this works.

Must be tearing the league apart. :D

Didn't get a chance! I look through all the youth squads when the new youth intake email appears, so this guy was at Fisher for all of a week and a half. :D

When you say you look through all the youth squads how are you doing this, using the search function??

am i right in thinking the searh function will only return players from countries where you have a good knowledge?

No, I mean the pain-staking process of looking through every English team (only have the English leagues loaded) from the Prem to the BSP. It's a lot of time spent, but it pays off when I find these kinds of gems.

I go through all the youth squads, pick out the players I think could go somewhere in the future, and have my team of scouts work around the clock to get me reports on all of them.

No, I mean the pain-staking process of looking through every English team (only have the English leagues loaded) from the Prem to the BSP. It's a lot of time spent, but it pays off when I find these kinds of gems.

I go through all the youth squads, pick out the players I think could go somewhere in the future, and have my team of scouts work around the clock to get me reports on all of them.

I usually do that in Scotland. Thankfully there are a lot less teams (a lot less quality too though).

Archived