Scouting world?

Im with York in my 3rd season and I've been able to promote them to the Coca-Cola League 2, and will probably get them promoted to Coca-Cola League 1 by the end of the season.

How come I'm only able to scout UK & Ireland? Why am I not able to scout other countries etc?

And how do I get a scout with knowledge for other countries besides england/wales/scotland/ireland?

Signing scouts/coaches from other nationalities will boost your worldwide knowledge. (if theyre interested, theyll be on the "staff search" screen) You only tend to be allowed to scout further afield when the board think you have a suitable amount of cash in the bank to cover the expenses. It will most likely go up in stages, from UK & Ireland, to some parts of Europe, and then further afield as your rep and your bank balance increase.

As you're only in League 2, the board won't let you scout any further afield than the UK/Ireland, as it would cost more money to scout countries like Spain/Italy.

If you want scouts with knowledge of other countries, try signing a low profile scout from the country you want to know about. The high profile scouts probably won't be interested, as you're in League 2.

And remember that there's not much point acquiring a scout who knows everything there is to know about Spain, if your board won't let you scout there. :)

your budget I also think makes a difference. Playing a Notts County save and in my first season the board say:

"The board have indicated they will aloow the scouting of players within UK& Ireland"

Then underneath:

"Furthermore, the board are prepared to allow the scouting of players in France"

Never seen that, the adding on of a country. Been able to pick up a couple of french youngsters because of it. Always thought it incremented in continents. Keep checking your Board Overview as you progress.

your budget I also think makes a difference. Playing a Notts County save and in my first season the board say:

"The board have indicated they will aloow the scouting of players within UK& Ireland"

Then underneath:

"Furthermore, the board are prepared to allow the scouting of players in France"

Never seen that, the adding on of a country. Been able to pick up a couple of french youngsters because of it. Always thought it incremented in continents. Keep checking your Board Overview as you progress.

Ive had it saying something similar in my challenge game since I took over, allowing me to scout Hong Kong (domestic lg) and England as well (my nationality) but I cant get any of my scouts to do it! I can only assign them to East Asia!

Ive had it saying something similar in my challenge game since I took over, allowing me to scout Hong Kong (domestic lg) and England as well (my nationality) but I cant get any of my scouts to do it! I can only assign them to East Asia!

Goto WORLD then NATIONS then WORLD....scroll down to Hong Kong, then right click. You should have an Assign Club Scout option

Archived