Who do I believe? The stats or the coaches?

So I've got a 21-year-old regen center back that all of my coaches rate very highly. He's a "wonderkid" and my coaches all say he's my second best defender, with the potential to be better than my best center back (who is himself described as "world class").

What's strange is that when I look at his stats - especially that little hexagon thing that compares him to my other defenders - he seems significantly weaker than a few of my other options. I've got a similar situation with a 22-year-old regen right back.

Who should I believe? I'm tempted to keep playing the kids so they will develop and their stats will get as high as possible. I'm destroying everyone in my path anyway. But it seems odd that all of my coaches contradict the stats.

This is on 2009 BTW.

Actually I think you shouldn't ignore the hexagon... :)

Sure, the coaches can "see" his CA/PA and will judge accordingly (also taking into account the average level of your players for the same role, and of the team as a whole, and of the season expectations), but the stats do play a role in the ME.

Stats and CA/PA are linked, but we do know how "off" can the points attribution be for newgens.

So who knows, maybe your 175PA defender has high stats for Free Kicks, Long Throws and Composure, but he's terrible at Marking and Anticipation. And his stats will develop starting from such a "skewed" distribution.

Just focus on the KEY positional attributes.

Of course a 2* CB with decent stats won't be "better" than a 4* CB with the same decent stats, but if the stats are TOO distant, screw the Stars and go with the Stats.

Archived