I tried, honastly I tried.

Ive been an FM/CM player since CM2. I had one of my best save games in FM07.

Ive decided that 10.2 is just to difficult/advanced for a casual player like me and reinstalling 10.1.1. Have spent quite a bit of time with my FC Kobenhavn save since I bought the game the day it came out, and have been quite addicted like the good old days.

I dont know what the major issues are for me on 10.2 but I failed quite epically with my successful Kobenhavn save also tried new games just to see if I could create a new tactic but had little success with this too, personally I found just 10.1.1 to more entertaining to play for me.

Hopefully I can settle back into the Kobenhavn save when 10.1.1 is reinstalled!

Have read about a lot of what the nay-sayers think about the lastest patch, and I didnt want to agree with them, but I have run out of patience with the latest version.

Im a bit worried that SI are trying to make the game more and more realistic and players like me are getting left behind.

Anyone on the same wave length as me??

Ive decided that 10.2 is just to difficult/advanced for a casual player like me and reinstalling 10.1.1. Have spent quite a bit of time with my FC Kobenhavn save since I bought the game the day it came out, and have been quite addicted like the good old days.

I dont know what the major issues are for me on 10.2 but I failed quite epically with my successful Kobenhavn save also tried new games just to see if I could create a new tactic but had little success with this too, personally I found just 10.1.1 to more entertaining to play for me.

Have read about a lot of what the nay-sayers think about the lastest patch, and I didnt want to agree with them, but I have run out of patience with the latest version.

Im a bit worried that SI are trying to make the game more and more realistic and players like me are getting left behind.

i totally agree mate. this must be the most polite, constructive post regarding the baffling 10.2 patch. the latest patch is fast becoming the biggest joke since FM2009.

with my bradford city team my team were free scoring and pushing for promotion. since the patch my strikers cant hit a hippos arse with a cello and im now facing relegation after an alarming dip in form with the same team and tactics.

its not just that save, my barcelona team have lost the last 3 games ive played with pato & henry not hitting the net once! i was top of the league before that.

dont get me wrong, i dont want an easy run but when you completely change how the game runs, after you were doing so well you want an explaination.

theres an old saying SI, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

I completely agree burgo, especially the bit about feeling like the good old days of CM / FM when FM2010 first came out. I played the demo through 3 times because I enjoyed it so much - a first for me! But then, as you say, 10.2 came out and made things difficult again and a lot less fun IMHO. I wouldn't even say they are making it more realistic by making it harder, the league tables seemed pretty realistic before the latest patch to me, so struggling to get into the champions league with one of the big teams doesn't exactly seem realistic to me (and I wouldn't exactly call myself a casual player given the amount of time and effort I put into it).

So yeah mate, you're not the only one that has the hassle of reinstalling the whole thing at some point to get back to 10.1.1.

Personally, i am enjoying the micro management more than ever before. I have never really sat through a whole game on any other FM version, or felt the need, until FM10.

But i totally agree with what you are saying. I made a thread about SI alienating alot of casual players because of the micro management. The game has evolved alot and got more realistic, so, you really need a good football knowledge to succeed on this version where as before, i don't think it mattered so much.

Not me - I have found the last few years the tactics side getting harder and harder but not this year, now it's so easy as you give your players understandable instructions and they react accordingly. No stupid sliders. 10.2 is the best FM ever - persevere my friend!

Archived