work permits

Hi, hopefully this will get a quick response. I have scouted out a young american player that I am after for Liverpool. Trouble is I cannot get a work permit no matter what. Did I read somewhere there was a way to buy a player and loan him straight out to another club while he gets a work permit or dual nationality or something? If so how?

Hi, hopefully this will get a quick response. I have scouted out a young american player that I am after for Liverpool. Trouble is I cannot get a work permit no matter what. Did I read somewhere there was a way to buy a player and loan him straight out to another club while he gets a work permit or dual nationality or something? If so how?

If you have feeder club, buy him and send him on loan to that feeder club. Of course, players do not always want to go...

What JAT said, only you need to make sure that the feeder team you send him to is in a country which has a shorter nationality... thing than the one you're in. So... you're managing in England, it would take the player 5 years to gain nationality and be able to play. Send him to a feeder team in, let's say, Belguim, and it would take just 3.

Hope that makes sense. :)

What JAT said, only you need to make sure that the feeder team you send him to is in a country which has a shorter nationality... thing than the one you're in. So... you're managing in England, it would take the player 5 years to gain nationality and be able to play. Send him to a feeder team in, let's say, Belguim, and it would take just 3.

Hope that makes sense. :)

Yes, but if player develops enough, he can get Work permit without second nationality also...

I know... but that's not what the OP asked.
Did I read somewhere there was a way to buy a player and loan him straight out to another club while he gets a work permit or dual nationality or something?

Anyway, many times loaning player to too low calibre club do not develop him enough as a player. And that is why it is not always recommended to loan 18 year old promising youngsters to low profile clubs so they get second nationality, instead to higher profile club, gets more rep and such and gets WP...

As far as I'm aware you will only get the option to complete the transfer if you have a feeder club that are used for work permit purposes. For example, if you were managing Man Utd you would be able to complete the transfer because they have Royal Antwerp in Belgium as a feeder club.

Archived