Work Permits rejected for Ansaldi and Renan

Leagues loaded are England, Italy, Spain, Scotland, France and Germany.

Patch is 10.2.

As always I will use a test manager(unemployed) and holiday to the mid of the 1st season. Transfer budget is set to zero for the first transfer window.

Then I will retire the test manager and take control of the bottom team in the EPL.

In my current save, I take control of West Ham.

I had bids for Ansaldi and Renan accepte, but strangely, work permit was denied for them.

Why is this so? I didn't even had to chance to appeal.

It was just straight turned down.

Anybody has the same problems?

No, fortunately not. I had a bid for Besiktas striker Batuhan Karadeniz accepted, but my initial application for a work permit was turned down. However, I managed to successfully appeal it.

Batuhan is 18 and has two caps for Turkey, so maybe he got accepted as 'Special Talent?'

I would have assumed Diego Renan and Ansaldi would as well. I know I signed Ansaldi in 10.1 and got the permit.

It is probably to do with them not playing International matches in that 6 month period. At the beginning of the game (first transfer window) it is a lot easier to sign players on the "special talent" appeal, but they subsequently struggle to pass work permit requirements later in the game without satisfying the games played requirements.

Similar happens with contract renewals. I can renew Brad Guzan's contract at Villa, as long as I do so before the first International match to be played.

Archived