So... how is FM 2010?

I can't decide if to click on "to buy" button on my Steam account or if i have to wait. Many ppl complain... same old "defence don't work" "AI Gk are magicians" "Str don't score"... looks like SI never get things right from start and need to work on issues for next 6 months after release. Like this was never issue before... Buy or wait?

Cannot recommend. This game just lacks almost everything that made for example FM 2008 good game. Poor regens, stability issues, crappy editor... list is long.

Of course there are 3D-animations, but who cares when game internally is trash.

For me it's simply the best one that they have produced. Greater challenge not for the feint hearted, but end game excellent. Lots more to think of before your players actually kick a ball. (just my opiniion mind)

k...:)

Buy it....but for the love of god don't use Steam otherwise you'll have no control over which patched version you use and you'll be stuck with the inferior 10.2 version. Try 10.1.1 first before using the latest patch, it's great!

sorry but 10.1.1 version was rubbish for me,the 10.2 version is well bettter.

Regens bugs are confirmed. About editor, well, first just try to edit 70K .xml file and then come back to say it is good.

Im not saying these are good in FM10. But they werent good in FM08 either. The original Everton squad would be world class in FM08 in 2018... Regens were awful. The editor wasnt great either. (wasnt stable for some people, etc...) I dont care about the editor anymore tho. Just opened it to try and fix the Portuguese players values but simply doesnt work.

Excellent game, all told. A few minor annoyances notwithstanding.

Like the feller above says, try the demo. This was, as far as I'm aware, the first version when the demo and out-of-the-box version was completely playable.

Despite the fact that I still dabble with FM7, FM10's the best so far.

Game is very good and by far the best footie manager on the market. If you want to buy a fottball manager game there really is only one option, the competition is years behind the FM series.

However it is damn annoying that the Match engine see so drastic changes in each patch that we need to rethink the entire tactics setup and tactics that were great pre patch is crap post patch.

We have seen 2 huge ME changes since release. That tells me 2 things, the match engine was far from ready at release, why else would it change SO much.

But it must be a hell of a job making the ME, I've done some amateur programing and I get a headache just thinking about the ME code, heh

Its a fantastic game, however if you like to have a long career on the game, over say 7 or 8 seasons i wouldnt not buy the game. The regens are very poor, theres not enough of them and the game becomes stale with no challenge as theres simply not enough good players to go around ( this is with all the major leagues running too )

This has been raised and SI said its something they want to work on it, but after 5 pages of people putting time and effort into showing the flaw in the regens, SI closed the thread saying ' well if its not good enough for you, then im sorry '

So clearly they think its fine for a game to be competitive for 5 seasons, then fall away because the AI managers dont buy well enough and theres not enough players to go around.

I think it's a huge disapointment so far (10.2.2)... the 1-on-1 bug ruins alot of the 'feeling' on matchday, but the worst is the positioning / Off the ball bug which renders the game worthless.

I have played the series since CM 93/94 and absolutely love it, but this version is one of the biggest failures yet. I think it's playable for people relatively new to FM, but for those of us that like longterm playability i say stay away or wait for a final patch.

It's good I would get it if I were you and I still don't get why people say that you can't defend, I've conceded less than 20 goals in total last season.

And ignore the people that complain, they're just pathetic they don't know how to play the game use some bad formations and then come on these forums and complain.

.....And ignore the people that complain, they're just pathetic they don't know how to play the game use some bad formations and then come on these forums and complain.

Bit harsh. I can't play the game at present full stop, and though not complaining (yet!!) am not happy that I've not been able to even load the game since latest patch.

So less of the 'pathetic' sonny jim. ;)

For 2011 I would wait until all patches released. Let the minions (loyal customers like me) test for bugs before you splash out.

As for 2010 from what I saw before I was stopped being able to even load the f---er up it looked the dogs mate. :D

Archived