Selling Players

Playing as Liverpool start of 2nd season - trying to get rid of Benayoun (60,000 p/w) and Voronin (not needed) and cant find anyone who willing to take them. ive even offered them at 0 pounds but all i get back is no clubs are willing to make an offer at this time!!

Any suggestions would be most appericated!

Thanks

Playing as Liverpool start of 2nd season - trying to get rid of Benayoun (60,000 p/w) and Voronin (not needed) and cant find anyone who willing to take them. ive even offered them at 0 pounds but all i get back is no clubs are willing to make an offer at this time!!

Any suggestions would be most appericated!

Thanks

Unfortunately you cant make clubs want a player. If you have enough money then release them. Otherwise keep them transfer listed and hope some interest develops. TBH this is an unrealistic feature of the game, as IRL if you were offering those players clubs would come in and pay money. BTW, what leagues are you running, as more leagues does make it a bit easier to sell.

I agree that this part of the game is screwed.

It took me 12 months to offload Eto'o at the age of 30. I offered him at half price and none wanted him.

mascherano has been impossible for me to sell. None wants him.

And so on. It is ridiculous that no one wants to even make a bid for such players when offered at discounts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

i cant really help in getting rid of the players, all i would say is in future have a policy like i do of only giving players over the age of 28 1 year contracts, or anyone who isnt a key player, this way they can be release and clubs are alos more wiling to bid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont know how you manage that as my players ALWAYS wants at least 2 year contracts and ALWAYS turn down offers that differ from what they want.

I have found it helpful to transfer list them for a week or two. Then I offer them for very little money and reject the offers. Then I offer what I think would be reasonable which depends on their age and overall quality and most importantly - the number of clubs that showed interest when I offered them cheaply. Then I typically get offers that are acceptable.

Players on a high paying contract are obviously tougher. You will most often have to offer them very cheaply or sometimes for free.

Archived