Unbelievable scheduling - shame on SI!

I was just saying in another thread that the only thing that annoys in FM is when my gaming experience is harmed.

Now I reached a point where SI´s lack of care with us customers will ruin it for me!

I keep wondering why am I supposed to pay what I paid for a game and realize that this disrespectful situation still keeps coming at us!!!

I am managing a team in Colombia, and first a match was postponed due to rain (ok, I thought, that´s kind of fun anyway, even though the level of raining in Colombia in this game is a bit annoying and overestimated).

I am in my second season in the team and I was able, with close to no funds, to build a strong team, and we´re fighting with the league´s best, step by step, going into a group playoff to define the champion.

Then, all of a sudden, here´s my new fixture list, after I qualified:

5/12 - 1st div

5/15 - cup

5/19 - 1st div

5/26 - 1st div

5/27 - cup

5/29 - cup

5/30 - cup

5/31 - cup

6/2 - 1st div

6/5 - 1st div

Let me explain that to you again, in case anyone missed...It is correct, my team will play 10 competitive matches in 24 days.

Taking May, where I played already on 1st, 5th and 8th, and I´ll have played 11 games when the month finishes.

Now, take a look at my schedule from 26th on. 5 matches in 6 days.

I recall having the same issue in FM 2008 while playing in England, and complaining about it at the time, and then someone would say - get the patch and it will be fixed.

Come on!!!!!! It happened already, can anybody tell me why is that it was not tested and prevented in this version of the game?

I do feel like a stupid person who ends up going to a restaurant where the waiter is nice and all, but there´s always a fly on the soup.

Thanks, SI, for such a wonderful anti-climax after hours devoted to a save.

It´s freaking unbelievable.

No cheers this time. I do hope someone from the company reads this. At least an apology is owed.

I too have a terrible time with fixtures, in the English league. I actually played 8 games in 8 days! BUT that was with the 10.1.1 patch, not sure if it has been sorted with 10.2.0 yet? Anyone from SI please?

Okay it's not unrealistic just look at Rangers in May 2008 they played 9 games in 24 days. In fact heres the fixtures and results

May

1 May, 19:45 Fiorentina 0 - 0 (2-4)Rangers UEFA Cup

4 May, 14:00 Hibernian 0 - 0 Rangers SPL

7 May, 19:45 Rangers 1 - 0 Motherwell SPL

10 May, 12:30 Rangers 3 - 1 Dundee United SPL

14 May, 19:45 Zenit St. Petersburg 2 - 0 Rangers UEFA Cup

17 May, 12:30 Motherwell 1 - 1 Rangers SPL

19 May, 19:45 St. Mirren 0 - 3 Rangers SPL

22 May, 19:45 Aberdeen 2 - 0 Rangers SPL

24 May, 15:00 Queen of the South 2 - 3 Rangers Scottish Cup

So the kind of fixture congestion you've got can happen. It's bad luck but it does happen.

Almondo,

It doesn´t happen, I am sorry.

What you shown is nothing close.

Did Rangers play 3 in consecutive days? Or 5 times in 6 days?

It won´t happen, don´t bother yourself thinking it´s possible. It´s not. Simple as that.

No team in the world would accept it.

No player would show up to play three times in three days.

If anything like that would happen, the National Federation would be absolutely targeted by the media and it just wouldn´t happen. Not to mention FIFA and players association coming to the rescue.

As I said. This is bad programming or bad game design. I wouldn´t care. But I am obliged to.

Again. Thanks SI, for another year having a save ruined because of your lack of consideration to gamers.

• Administrators

Congestion issues have been fixed with 10.2, however a new season will need to be generated (or a new game) for these to come into effect. Yes it's unfortunate but unsurprisingly we haven't done this on purpose, and bear in mind other teams will have to deal with similar fixtures. Apologies this has affected your game.

Adiee,

It´s a game, of course. But after you put something like tens of hours of research, thinking and dedication to anything, including a game, to have it ruined for something which clearly is wrong and would never, I repeat, never happen IRL, is absolutely frustrating.

Especially when this is no new situation and it ocurred in previous versions of the game.

I am passionate about football, and consequently about the game. It is a fun challenge, but yet a challenge, to be respected. If you play only for the fun of it and wouldn´t mind hours of work from your spare time, than it´s your thing. Respect mine.

Neil, at least an apology, thanks. Of course you didn´t mean that, no need for irony. I just can´t understand why it persists after such situations have been covered over and over on these forums (ie. in previous years as well). I don´t want to preach to preacher here, but I´d expect tests to be run to avoid that pryor to launch.

Just for me to get this straight...if I update the patch and keep the save running, next season it won´t happen - is that correct? Or do I need to start a new save to put it in effect?

Okay it's not unrealistic just look at Rangers in May 2008 they played 9 games in 24 days. In fact heres the fixtures and results

May

1 May, 19:45 Fiorentina 0 - 0 (2-4)Rangers UEFA Cup

4 May, 14:00 Hibernian 0 - 0 Rangers SPL

7 May, 19:45 Rangers 1 - 0 Motherwell SPL

10 May, 12:30 Rangers 3 - 1 Dundee United SPL

14 May, 19:45 Zenit St. Petersburg 2 - 0 Rangers UEFA Cup

17 May, 12:30 Motherwell 1 - 1 Rangers SPL

19 May, 19:45 St. Mirren 0 - 3 Rangers SPL

22 May, 19:45 Aberdeen 2 - 0 Rangers SPL

24 May, 15:00 Queen of the South 2 - 3 Rangers Scottish Cup

So the kind of fixture congestion you've got can happen. It's bad luck but it does happen.

Agreed.

Liverpool did 9 in 24 in about 2000/2001, a little better scheduled than the case in the OP's little tirade, but it does happen.

Amazingly, there are discussions happening on the merit! Wow.

For those of you willing to pretend there´s proper ground for discussion around the chances of such a schedule happen in real life, I´d ask for a starter to bring any real life situation in the last 20 years from a club having to play official matches on those terms:

- 3 days in a row

- 5 matches in 6 days

PS - Please don´t bother to include summer tournaments...

Amazingly, there are discussions happening on the merit! Wow.

For those of you willing to pretend there´s proper ground for discussion around the chances of such a schedule happen in real life, I´d ask for a starter to bring any real life situation in the last 20 years from a club having to play official matches on those terms:

- 3 days in a row

- 5 matches in 6 days

PS - Please don´t bother to include summer tournaments...

Please dont bother posting if you're going to complain about things that are fixed in a patch, WHICH YOU HAVENT EVEN INSTALLED!

djwilk,

No need fot shouting. I bought the game through Steam, and started my save before the patch was released. So, what´s your point anyway?

robbert,

In attention to your comment, I actually agreed with Neil that this error from SI wasn´t on purpose (which is as obvious as much as it is obvious that this is a major flaw). And what I was reffering to was his expression:

"yes it's unfortunate but unsurprisingly we haven't done this on purpose"

Which, understanding we´re grown-ups, is irony uncalled for when dealing with a customer which is clearly frustrated, that´s all.

OK SI fans, he's had his complaint answered. There's no need to keep railing on the guy.

And please don't try and justify 5 games in 6 days, that's just sad.

No need for the thread to be kept open imo, otherwise do gooders are just going to keep trying to either a) come up with non existent examples similar to the OP's complaint or b) tell the OP that he's a terrible human being that probably willingly eats puppies for breakfast.

Archived