Work Permit Hell. This is insane.

First off I know all about work permits. I have a feeder for WP in Bulgaria. I'm in season 3 in English League 1. Now get this.

I have signed 3 Americans.

Josh Lambo 6 U21 caps Rep/ Regional no club

Jozy Altidore 27 U21caps 22 goals Continental

Alex Nimo 25 U21 caps 7 goals National

Altidore also has some full team caps

Lambo had no team for almost a year.

So which one got the British Work Permit?

Yup Lambo. The one I didn't care about getting it right now.

Have tried every trick to get Altidore and Nimo one but nooooo gonna have to go to Bulgaria.

Funny thing is I have ALWAYS gotten a WP for Altidore in 1st season and Nimo by 2nd.

You can sign a crap Brazilian with one U-19 cap but not a continental repped wonderkid. Stupid stupid stupid.

So any ideas?

Originally posted by Liverpool24:

I hate work permits, i signed Alex Teixera and it said he was given a work permit before i signed him so i confirmed, comes to first day of transfer window and he has a WP sign, im spewing.

Check the message again, it probably didn't say that, you were probably allowed to sign him as you had a feeder club that could play him.

I made the same mistake once.

i think WPs need to look into in general. i tried to sign a Guyam (i think thats the nationality) striker who was only 18 and had played in their last 4 internationals, but didn't get the permit (club was too small to get a feeder club at this point, still in BSP), surely they should look at his age and realise he is going to get more call ups and should qualify. he ended up retiring coz no one signed him, what a waste!!

there must be a work around clause, so many aussie kids go over to england to play in the lower leagues having never played for national team, and most of our players are aussie/serbian or similar so it's not like they would hold an EU passport!

haha. After all the trouble I had with getting Lambo signed. (He was without a club for 9 months) He just announced his retirement at the end of season because, get this he's having trouble finding a club. Umm hey doofus, you're my main keeper. You have a club....

I asked him to reconsider so we'll see. If it hadn't taken 3 months to get him a work permit I wouldn't have this trouble. His damn PA is 178 in this save.

When the game annoys me I gain revenge using an editor.

example 1:

Can't sign player with PA 178.

Use editor to change PA of my youth player to 178

example 2:

West Ham use cheat players to stay in Premiership.

Use editor to reduce their ground capacity to 10,000 - they get relegated soon after.

;-)

It's not just the caps, the national team has to be in the top 70 of the world over the past 5 years, I think, and I would think that this is implemented in Football Manager.

It's the reason why Nashat Akram, Iraqi playmaker, couldn't sign for Manchester City: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article3273508.ece

Iraq's world ranking has problems being raised because they cannot play Internationals due to the hostile territory they're in.

If you are signing a totally unknown player and you play at BSP level, that player is hardly going to convince the Home Office that they are extremely talented and deserve a work permit. If you are at BSP level, you shouldn't be signing youngsters from countries outside the EU because it will be impossible to give them a high enough reputation to get a work permit.

To give you an idea of how difficult it can be, I was Manchester United who are obviously one of the biggest clubs in the world and I tried to sign a Japanese winger and was refused a work permit, so I sent him out to Antwerp. It took over a year and 11 caps (11, not just Under-21 caps, 11 full national caps) before he was granted a conditional work permit.

To me, if you are a BSP team trying to sign a Guam player, you should have a much, much tougher job than I did.

then why did i start the game with an argentinian AML?? he had no caps and was only on a 1 year contract, he played so well i tried to give him another one and it was rejected, that is ridculous!

surely if a non-eu player is already in an eu nation signing him should be easier? just had this again in my Chimney Corner game in NI, tried to sign a Turkish CM who was playing in Wales but he couldn't get a wp to play for me, then how the hell did he get one to play in Wales???

My point is the randomness of the game. Lambo getting a work permit? Shouldn't have gotten one with his rep. I planned to send him to Bulgaria.

Altidore not getting one at this stage is silly. I think the problem with the game is that he gets switched between U-21 and Full team. He also played for U-23's in the Olympics.

Of course now his profile has U-21 stats and not full team because he last played for U-21's.

He's a wonderkid. He has continental rep but it's like he's some Slobovian hooligan player to the game.

I've got some personal experience of work permits, and can say that they're pretty much random in real life. In fact, here in Thailand, the only bloody way to get one is to ensure money is handed to the right people in a nice crisp brown envelope. It's just a fact of life really.

Originally posted by jamiehex:

Of course now his profile has U-21 stats and not full team because he last played for U-21's.

In my game, whenever Andy Keogh plays for the under 21's, it still only has his full international honours on his profile. Maybe your guy hasn't actually played for the full national side, just been called up?

Originally posted by Von Muff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamiehex:

In my game, whenever Andy Keogh plays for the under 21's, it still only has his full international honours on his profile. Maybe your guy hasn't actually played for the full national side, just been called up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope he's now back to 10 full caps as he just played against Mexico in a WCQ and got 2 goals. Tried again on a contract and was denied.

Does he fit the criteria listed here?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/workpe...nts/footballplayers/

~ A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and

~ The player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

Originally posted by x42bn6:

Does he fit the criteria listed here?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/workpe...nts/footballplayers/

~ A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive 'A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and

~ The player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

Usually I sign him (Altidore) in 1 season with no problem and no full caps, just U-21's.I'm in middle of 3rd season now. For the first time he actually meets the criteria and can't get a WP. But in Lambo's case he didn't even have a club, no full caps and just 5 U-21 caps yet he was granted a WP. Not to mention the Continental rep for Altidore versus Regional for Lambo. It's just plain annoying lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote a post above - I think it's 75% of national team appearances within the last 2 years which he was available for, and that country must be above 70th in the FIFA world rankings in the previous 2 years.

Originally posted by stevio11:

Iraq can play internationals as they played a world cup game agansit Australia last sunday.

Indeed, but good luck to any Iraqi who wants to play in England.

Nashat Akram, who is an awesome player, signed for Manchester City and was rejected a work permit, for example.

RE: Lambo

The DB has TWO Lambos. It's a bug. The one with dual nationality is terrible (usually)

OT: Once I saw both Josh Lambos on the U-20 team for USA.

Anyway. I signed the -9 guy with just USA citizenship. He got wp but retired after 6 months because he thought he didn't have a team...

I abandoned this save because it was the worst I have ever played. Had more WP probs than I mentioned. IE: players with 48 caps and currently playing in the world cup not getting a renewed wp. Was maddening.

Archived