just fu**** ridiculous

first of all, I dont care, whether my strikers score or not, whether the keepers are all heros or not, what I do care, is this poor unfairness towards us.

ive played two seasons with psg in order to notice, that these ****ing superkeepers just exist for the computer teams.

its so amazing, how game on game my best strikers (hoarau and loic remy) stay almost for more than 10 times 3 metres in front of the keeper and don't score.

well the problem is, i dont write because theyre not scoring, although its strange too, i write because im ****ed of the opponents striker and their scoring ability.

no matter if its an unknow rimané, robert vittek or something else, as long as the computer strikers find space they just run through my defence line and hit, no matter if its from this so called centre or from the wings.

they always hit, i need almost 10 chances to score once, and believe me iam quite happy to just hit one time, but the AI just needs a chance to score twice xD

i dont know what to do, im really desperate, i tried everything, playing through the middle, playing with/without wingers, using other members "successful" tactics, they all helped, but just in one way, to create masses of 100%chances but they didnt solve the scoring problem.

as i wrote before, i dont care whether they hit or not, i just want, that the ai has the same issues too, and this is why i got so much nerved, because imagine you have 5-6 big chances, dont hit, controll the whole game, and the computer just gets one half chance and hits and the game gets finished 0-1 or 0-2

isnt that annoying?

and i dont want people write its statistic,realistic and so on

this isnt just in one game its almost every game, i cant even win against the top teams bordeaux,lyon and marseille, although i dominate them away/home, just because of the fact, that my players cant score, but they just send their strikers with a long ball, and they just need to touch the ball, cause i dont have a superherokeeper

goooooooodddddddddddddd and i was so happy, to play in the winter vacances.....

7 steps to success:

1. Play 4-4-2

2. Set one striker to 'poacher', the other to one that 'comes deep'

3. Play a fluid style

4. Play a direct style

5. Set wide players to 'wingers'

6. Set one midfielder to 'ball winner' the other to 'advanced playmaker'

7. Succeed

hhaha lol, i want a realistic game, so realistic does mean, that i can play with any formation, i dont want to play 442 the whole game, just because it shal be easier to score.

doesnt si alway mention, that this game is based on rl statistics?

well do they all play 442 irl?

what about chelsea and bordeaux?

do they have scoring problems, because theyre playing with 4 1 2 1 2?

really discusting, think gonna change to 10.1.1 again

7 steps to success:

1. Play 4-4-2

2. Set one striker to 'poacher', the other to one that 'comes deep'

3. Play a fluid style

4. Play a direct style

5. Set wide players to 'wingers'

6. Set one midfielder to 'ball winner' the other to 'advanced playmaker'

7. Succeed

i use that for 6 seasons and works fine with me team however doesn't change the fact that dzeko,cardozo,lukaku,babacar don't score more because the gk makes super saves meanwhile i have ochoa and akinfeev and any ******** AI player can score if the goal chance is good. i'm having average 20 shots on a bad match, 30 shots on good match, 8 to 10 shots of them are shots on target and awesome chances but gk will save 4 to 8 of them every match. every match the gk will make awesome saves...

from patch 10.1 to 10.2 zeko went from scoring 40+ goals to a max of 25 goals each season, he still owns defenders, average shots on target are the same, my team statistics are pretty much the same and yet he won't score...

if you are losing or getting scored against, there is always a reason. Sometimes it is random but very often it's because the probability is against you. I find that in FM10 the change of your tactical mentality affects the scoreline a lot more than before.

And also you have to always consider things like your defensive line, tempo, width.. etc. Sometimes you have to change these according to the opponent you play. You can't expect to win often by just sticking to one tactic and not changing any setting at all for each game.

edit: And I know it kinda sucks, but I find that no matter how many chances you create, if tactically you are inferior to the other team, it will be harder for you to win.

I was storming through the premiership in my Liverpool career..won three premiership titles on the trot,as a result i have a world class side ( i know this because of genie scout)

So i was storming through the league,20 games on,top...installed 10.2,nose dived..completely nose dived.My 2-0 results became 0-0,0-1.

The super keepers are really annoying!!!!!!

My top two scorers are aging strikers with declining attributes. I have played 11 games this season; 7 coming after the latest patch. My top scorer has 14 goals and 1 assist. My second scorer has 8 goals with 5 assists. No problems for me.

i commented on this in a thread before

after hearing many people talking about super keepers and occasionally come across a few myself

i decided i would run a test with arsenal and the results i came up with were conclusive enough for me

rob green 7.8 17 shots 10 shots on target (sot)

didn't get man of the match however he did get the second highest rating and he was like a cat .1 less than me tactic i used Complete dominance

game 8 in the league

tim howard 8.8 mom 17 shots 10 sot

one of many run ins i have with this lethal weapon tact used complete dominance game 11 epl

craig gordon 7.8 mom 19 sh 8 sot

game 13 epl tactic complete dom

paul robinson 8.4 mom 18 sh 13 sot

only won by a penalty game 15 epl tactic david villa manu 3

shay given 7.5 mom 7.5 10 sh 5 sot

game 17 epl tactic randalstactic

my favorite is next hate him smashed my mouse because of him in the last game

reina 8.6 mom 14 sh 11 sot

game 20 tac my own 451

reina 8.5 mom 21 sh 11 sot

league cup semi leg 1 tac my own 451

reina 8.4 mom 17 sh 7 sot

league cup semi leg 2 same tactic

sebastian frey 8.3 mom 17 sh 11 sot

cl quater my own 424

Paul robinson 8.5 mom 17 sh 6 sot

game 32 my own 424

gomes 9.2 mom 20sh 17 sot

fa cup semi my own 424

cris kirkland 8.0 mom 14 sh 10

game 33 same tactic

these are only the ones who get man of the match there are a few more who pop up now and again and have excellent games but are out shined by ceter backs like yobo ferdinand toure shawcross etc or top class players like adebuymeour rooney messi etc.

my opinion is that the keepers are taking the mick in the latest update would be intrested in hearing others thoughts on it

and the replies i got were

There's no such thing as superkeepers. If anything there may be too many one-on-ones being created, which is causing keepers to potentially make more saves, however this whole 'myth' of keepers being unbeatable just isn't true.

thread closed

it isnt just me i am sick of this we all are could you put a poll in and see what the stats are and who has been conned by this its a joke joe hart and that burnley subkeeper are the main culprids

well i am done yet.

what iam doing now is to reinstall the game and to just install patch 10.1.1 which i was very content with, as i also noticed, that too many crap players are getting transfered to big clubs, like my mevlut erding for 16millions to barcelona and so on.

found the former patch more realistic, could win with west ham against teams like manu and chelsea with just creating 1 or 2 very good counters.

but now its almost impossible, because the very very rare created chances against these teams arent finished successfully

well tomorrow the christmas vacances begin and i can finally play for 2 weeks^^

but without this ****in 10.2 patch

I've always suspected that the AI do not use the same calculations ingame as the human user. Too many matches, most matches actually, where they score from one or two shots on target on target and your better strikers miss chance after glorious chance against their inferior keeper.

haha reading all this is quite funny to me because although it doesn't happen often i sometimes have a game where i'm lucky to draw or win but my keeper just keeps saving me. The best one was as liverpool vs man utd on fm 09. I used Gianluca Curci my backup keeper and we drew 0-0 despite the fact that my team got dominated all over the field but numerous amazing shots from the likes of ronaldo and rooney (among others) couldn't beat my keeper, naturally i was delighted.:D

I'm not having any problems with super keepers, i'm scoring plenty of goals. Maybe now and again a keeper as a blinder against me and gets man of the match, i remember Scott Loach doing this for Watford against me recently. But this happens in real life too.

But i have noticed that the AI does seem to be more succesful at scoring their chances.

I.e. scoring 2/3 goals with only 1 clear cut chance, sometimes 0 ccc.

But then again i have had games where it as finished 2-2, where both my team and the AI team have had 6 clear cut chances each, so i'm not 100% sure if the AI is more certain to score than us.

Wouldn't you agree that 25 is more realistic though?

i don't care about numbers being realistic when the key to make them isn't realistic. SI still need to fix marking and positioning from defenders, as soon as they do it the strikers will get less chances and they can remove supergk

i don't care about numbers being realistic when the key to make them isn't realistic. SI still need to fix marking and positioning from defenders, as soon as they do it the strikers will get less chances and they can remove supergk

LOL... remove superkeeper... it doesn't exist.

they always hit, i need almost 10 chances to score once, and believe me iam quite happy to just hit one time, but the AI just needs a chance to score twice xD

My exact problem

isnt that annoying?

Exactly what i feel like asking people who just defend to the end an annoyance like this

I feel your pain buddy

I feel your pain buddy

One look at your first three posts screams alias tbh. (especially the one where you tell us about 4 times it's your first EVER post... had me in tears. Honestly, have you never heard the expression 'thou dost protest too much'?:D

To be honest i feel goalkeepers in real life are like this...look at kirkland....robert green...friedal...can say all premier league keepers r super keepers then lol. i thought they game was unfair on keepers before now its more realistic. Yes OUR strikers miss more than AI yet my goalkeeper has surprised me many time he made saves i thought "ow 1-0"....its challenging to try new things cos this is not a bug you just need to experiment and find a balance for your team...i use to maon when the game first came out but its cos we dont want to change the way we play...tactice on 10.1 wont work on 10.2 stikers ratio of goals are more realistic and the misses well did you see TORRES against ARSENAL??how did he miss that?Almunia a super keeper??ehhh NO!!

Getting 10 clear chances is realistic?:rolleyes:

Then why try to correct the former. If the defending AI was more intelligent, then there would be less number of clear chances and therefore less instances of unrealistic number of goals scored by strikers. I had thought SI had got it right with the 9.3 patch..dont know why they changed it in this version

Then why try to correct the former. If the defending AI was more intelligent, then there would be less number of clear chances and therefore less instances of unrealistic number of goals scored by strikers. I had thought SI had got it right with the 9.3 patch..dont know why they changed it in this version

Not an issue many of us are experiencing. 9.3 far from perfect too, was far too easy.

Can't be bothered to argue, doesn't affect me, don't honestly give a damn about anyone else.:thup:

I've no idea, I've just scored 22 in my last 4 games, no superkeepers here so clearly not a widespread issue.

And Rooney had scored 16 goals in 12 matches in one of my saves...as i had said in another thread...the problem is when the strikers try to score head on...they seem to be missing a number of goals that way...however when they do try an angled shot, then the ratio is a bit better (though they do seem a bit low that way too)

Even wwfan has said that it is a ME flaw

TBs creating one on ones straight down the middle are incredibly rare in real life, but due to an issue with DC marking are much more common in FM than they should be. Trying to create them is taking advantage of a slight ME flaw. Because they are unusual in real life, there is no method of judging how good a chance they actually are. In the FM ME, they tend to be hit straight at the keeper, usually because the player is travelling full pelt or has turn quickly turn and shoot.

Given that they are unusual in real life, we cannot be sure they wouldn't also be saved regularly in real life. It seems to me that such chances should be quite difficult, as the player has no angle to work with nor time to create one. That they are being created too often is an issue. That they are being saved a lot arguably isn't. IF you try to take advantage of the ME flaw and design tactics that create an awful lot of those, you also need to accept that many will be saved. However, if you create a tactic that generates more realistic chances, scoring ratios will be fine. That's not about beating the ME, it is about understanding football.

ok we all know there is no "superkeeper" however how come there are numerous posts about this i suspect

it either one of a few things

1 everyones tactics are no good

2 torres villa benzema van pierse etc are rubbish strikers

3 the match engine is flawless and it can for see were you are going to shoot and has turbo speed to stop the shots

4 everton villa and spuds etc are better at finishing off teams and controlling teams than anyone we could possibly manage

5 gomez howard robinson diego penny reina etc are all worldclass

6 or there is a see no evil speak no evil on this forum i suspect this thread will be closed soon because supper keepers dont exist im sure

• Administrators

We're aware of an issue with too many chances being created and missed, however other things have to be taken into account such as goals per game, clear cut chances etc. Saying that, the OP although trying to make a valid point has done so in a rather angry and swear-filled way, so because of that I'm closing this.

Archived