Sneaky ****ers!!

I'm currently engaged in a titanic championship tussle with Derry City in my Cork City game. I had a fixture away to Derry who were coming to the end of a horrendous set of fixtures, they had nobody in the first team squad in the nineties fitness wise and most were in the seventies. I was rubbing my hands with glee thinking I'll play a high tempo and tire them out even more. Team picked, tactics sorted, press continue. Nooo!!! Match abandoned due to waterlogged pitch! Yeah right, I bet the chairman and manager were out the night before with buckets and hoses... Now the match is rescheduled right after 3 fixtures in 5 days for me. Man sometimes I hate this game...

Well I played the rescheduled match, Derry having no games in the meantime to my three, finished the game with a grand total of three of my regular first team on the pitch. Five of my players ended the match with condition in the fifties and I only had one actual defender on the pitch at the end. Despite that we somehow managed to pull off a draw and keep the advantage in the title run in.

How are you handling Tom Coughlin?

The chairman has been happy enough with my performance, though I always just work with what I have and don't badger the board for more money/facilities etc. We are haemorrhaging money despite being within the budget, so his attitude may change.

I Lol'd I didn't even know this was possible.

First time I can remember it happening to me in quite a few years.

Archived