Influencing the Match Engine through attributes.

After being initially delighted by the new M.E, I've become incredibly infuriated with it.

The style of play I've tried to emulate in every version of the game is a narrow wingerless tactic that encourages wide midfielders to feed the strikers from deep through the centre. However, the type of chances this creates is generally central 1-on-1s, which the current match engine seems to have a massive problem with, even SIGames representatives have advised to play a different way to prevent them from occuring.

Anyway, I'm rambling, what I want to know is. Would doing a mass-edit of lowering every keepers One-on-one attribute provide a more accurate reflection of conversion?

After being initially delighted by the new M.E, I've become incredibly infuriated with it.

The style of play I've tried to emulate in every version of the game is a narrow wingerless tactic that encourages wide midfielders to feed the strikers from deep through the centre. However, the type of chances this creates is generally central 1-on-1s, which the current match engine seems to have a massive problem with, even SIGames representatives have advised to play a different way to prevent them from occuring.

Anyway, I'm rambling, what I want to know is. Would doing a mass-edit of lowering every keepers One-on-one attribute provide a more accurate reflection of conversion?

I think that even mass editing Rushing out may be enough. That somehow fixed FM 08 "one-on-one" bug. Accidentially, because my modified database was made for totallly different things, but anyway...

And yes, I think that can be solution. Why not try? Of course, make save game backup first.

It's completely absurd that we now have to wait until February at the earliest to fix this very obvious flaw in the ME. Being told to change our tactics so that we stop creating what are essentially guilt-edged chances is preposterous to say the least. The ME seems to have regressed significantly in this version with regards to goals scored - there's very little variation in the type of goals scored. For example, I've not seen a single volley scored in FM10. Nor have I seen anyone dink it over the on-rushing keeper when one-on-one. I could go on.

It's completely absurd that we now have to wait until February at the earliest to fix this very obvious flaw in the ME. Being told to change our tactics so that we stop creating what are essentially guilt-edged chances is preposterous to say the least. The ME seems to have regressed significantly in this version with regards to goals scored - there's very little variation in the type of goals scored. For example, I've not seen a single volley scored in FM10. Nor have I seen anyone dink it over the on-rushing keeper when one-on-one. I could go on.

Yeah, it's kinda pathetic, especially as my team creates 3-4 those chances per match and I generally score 1 in 10. I think my team scores more long shots than that.

Archived