A Question on Kits

Can someone from SI address this please ?

I've asked this question before in different forms, but let me ask it one more time. Why do clubs in this game deviate from their set kit colours ? Surely, unless an alternative kit is specified in the editor - say, as is the case with Hearts and Hibs, the teams should stick to their standard kits and ONLY change in the event of a clash with similar colours ??

Could someone tell me how it works, and also answer this : if I decided to set alternative shorts etc for some of the teams, would they become the default alternate kits ?

For example ...... say I set Rangers to have 2 first choice shorts, and made one the alternate ..... but both were a similar colour ? Would THAT stop the computer assigning them blue shorts at times ?

Hope you can help with this.

Not exactly sure what you're getting at but there was a fix in the last patch that may mean something to you

- Away teams with the same colour shorts as the home team are now less likely to change to a different kit (Rangers and Celtic now both use first kits when they play each other)

Is that of any use?

Yeah, mate.

This might sound minor, but it's about the kit shorts.

I'm a Celtic fan, so it might sound a bit strange me getting wound up over the colours Rangers wear, but as they are my teams biggest rivals, and I watch over a lot of their games, I tend to notice it with them more than with other sides.

When playing in the SPL Rangers tend to wear blue shorts against sides which traditionally wear white shorts ...... including at Celtic Park. I found a way around - or thought I had - when I changed some things in the editor; namely, I switched Rangers third jersey with their second strip, because I figured the game was simply defaulting to the second strip shorts, which are blue, and, at least in the SPL, this seemed to do the job.

I recently installed the Team GB/British League database which is available on this site, though, and Rangers have, again, defaulted to wearing the blue shorts against sides who have white shorts in their home strip.

I have noticed the change you described above; in patch 1.01 Celtic would wear a full away kit at Ibrox - this no longer happens. Instead, they wear the home kit ...... and Rangers wear the blue shorts !!! When Rangers came to Celtic Park, they would wear the same blue shorts. My edit HAS changed that, as I've said, but ...... it seems to be the default setting for the game, oddly.

I've seen it happen a lot when I've run English sides; Newcastle have often defaulted to white shorts and white socks. It's no big deal there, as I know those colours ARE set defaults with them. I also know Rangers have worn the all-blue strip, shorts and socks, in Europe. But to the best of my knowledge they've never done it in competitive games, and now it seems to be all they do.

Would my proposed "fix" work for that ? If I created alternative kit shorts in the editor, and gave them a stripe, or something, but put them as the default alternative home kit, would THIS negate the change ?

I know this SOUNDS minor .... but if I were a Rangers fan I'd be climbing the ceiling over this, and it DOES take something away from the overall game.

Archived