Small teams amazing young players

Im paying as luton about 7-8 seasons in first season in prem and the last 3-4 season every window i have raided a team called behemians (i think) an irish team.

there youth players are Amazing and can be picked up for like 40k

check them out and has any one else noticed this with any other team

:) cheers

Bohemians are a small team now? Not week-in week-out premier league standard but Gary Deegan from there just signed for Coventry, Stephen Ward is Wolves' starting left-back and Brian Murphy will move to Ipswich in January. Narrowly knocked-out of the Champions League Qualifying rounds by Red Bull Salzburg this season. Oh and did I mention 11 league titles, 7 FAI cups and 3 league cups?

Research is your friend.

Yeh, but Bohemians it's not really the same thing as Chelsea :)

Chelsea are awful at bringing through youth.

In Ireland, the age groups that are not modelled in the game, U-17 and below, are some of the strongest in Europe. In real life those players are nabbed by English clubs around the age of 15/16, including a load of people I personally know.

If there was a problem with Irish nationality regens then we'd see Irish clubs and the national team dominate at european and world levels. Which doesn't happen. None of my save games have seen Ireland progress any further than the quarter-finals of any international competition.

The only flaw that one could consider in the game is the fact that more English clubs don't attempt to nab the young Irish regens, like in real life. The lack of other English clubs attempting to sign the regens is the reason why you're seeing more good Irish regens still at Irish clubs rather than in English youth teams.

Chelsea are awful at bringing through youth.

In Ireland, the age groups that are not modelled in the game, U-17 and below, are some of the strongest in Europe. In real life those players are nabbed by English clubs around the age of 15/16, including a load of people I personally know.

If there was a problem with Irish nationality regens then we'd see Irish clubs and the national team dominate at european and world levels. Which doesn't happen. None of my save games have seen Ireland progress any further than the quarter-finals of any international competition.

The only flaw that one could consider in the game is the fact that more English clubs don't attempt to nab the young Irish regens, like in real life. The lack of other English clubs attempting to sign the regens is the reason why you're seeing more good Irish regens still at Irish clubs rather than in English youth teams.

I didn't mean that Chelsea brings through youth. I mean that Bohemians must be a 'small' club, if you see the team reputation of Bohemians :)

exactly thats like league 2 equivalent

And? You're completely missing the point.

It isn't the league standard which determines how good players produced in a country are. If that were the case then Ireland wouldn't have produced such a huge range of talent over the last 60 years. Including some of the greatest players to ever play the game.

The point is that Bohemians are the most reputable club in Ireland. A country with a population of over 4 million. As a result of their place as the most reputable club in this country with over 4 million people they should, and do, attract some of the best young Irish players.

The problem with the LOI is that these players are nabbed by English clubs at around the age of 16/17. Which seems to me to be exactly what you're doing in game. So, please tell me what exactly the point you're making is?

And? You're completely missing the point.

It isn't the league standard which determines how good players produced in a country are. If that were the case then Ireland wouldn't have produced such a huge range of talent over the last 60 years. Including some of the greatest players to ever play the game.

The point is that Bohemians are the most reputable club in Ireland. A country with a population of over 4 million. As a result of their place as the most reputable club in this country with over 4 million people they should, and do, attract some of the best young Irish players.

The problem with the LOI is that these players are nabbed by English clubs at around the age of 16/17. Which seems to me to be exactly what you're doing in game. So, please tell me what exactly the point you're making is?

They may be fantastic at bringing through youth (I wouldn't know), but they're still a small club as far as World football is concerned. How big is their stadium? What's the most they've paid for a player? How well did they do in the Champions league the past few seasons? etc.

They may be fantastic at bringing through youth (I wouldn't know), but they're still a small club as far as World football is concerned. How big is their stadium? What's the most they've paid for a player? How well did they do in the Champions league the past few seasons? etc.

I'm not a Bohs fan, I wouldn't know. Just check their wikipedia page. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_F.C.

However their in game reputation is

5250, which is just 50 less than Premier League side Burnley

Im paying as luton about 7-8 seasons in first season in prem and the last 3-4 season every window i have raided a team called behemians (i think) an irish team.

there youth players are Amazing and can be picked up for like 40k

check them out and has any one else noticed this with any other team

:) cheers

Its probably BOHEMIANS your talking about. ok get it right in future show some respect

Bohemians are more than good enough to produce good regens. They're one of the biggest, if not the biggest club in Ireland, and so will deservedly attract good young Irish players. It goes without saying that some of these will be pretty darn good. It has nothing to do with the relative size of the club compared to the European giants.

Who has claimed Bohemians are a large club on the World scene?

Braenn made a very good post about the Irish league's youth output and you started jabbering on about Chelsea. What have Chelsea got to do with the quality of Bohemian's youth setup?

Think about it - How many world class teams are their in Africa and how many world class players come from there? Once you've chewed on that morsel for a bit re-read Braenn's post, have a lie down for a bit and it may become clearer.

You have to remember that soccer is huge in Ireland (football is a different game over here, a cross between rugby and WWIII). At under-age level participation is huge (a few years ago the Dublin District Schoolboy's League was the league organisation with the single biggest player base in Europe, over 20,000 playing members to minor [u-18] level). But due to sheer incompetence on the part of the FAI and LOI since the twenties there is no proper outlet for all the players coming up, so they either go to the GAA (for football), the rugby or to an English club at too young of an age (usually) and never reach their potential.

Bohemians are a small team now? Not week-in week-out premier league standard but Gary Deegan from there just signed for Coventry, Stephen Ward is Wolves' starting left-back and Brian Murphy will move to Ipswich in January. Narrowly knocked-out of the Champions League Qualifying rounds by Red Bull Salzburg this season. Oh and did I mention 11 league titles, 7 FAI cups and 3 league cups?

Research is your friend.

Who has claimed Bohemians are a large club on the World scene?

Braenn made a very good post about the Irish league's youth output and you started jabbering on about Chelsea. What have Chelsea got to do with the quality of Bohemian's youth setup?

Think about it - How many world class teams are their in Africa and how many world class players come from there? Once you've chewed on that morsel for a bit re-read Braenn's post, have a lie down for a bit and it may become clearer.

The original claim he made was that they were not a small club. People then argued they were and HE tried saying Bohemians' good youth setup made them a big club, also using the fact they have won lots of trophies in a mickey mouse, third world football league.

None of this proves they are a big club, even if they do have a good youth system.

Also, Wonky never mentioned Chelsea in ANY of his posts. That was Eken10, and if you had read the first few posts properly you would have seen the point Eken10 was making is, Bohemians may be a big club in their league, but they are hardly Chelsea (a real big club). He could have used Real Madrid, ManUre, Barca, any big club. They are a small club, simple as, and that was the debate with those forumers.

So before you start being rude to people, perhaps YOU should read the full thread first.

The original claim he made was that they were not a small club. People then argued they were and HE tried saying Bohemians' good youth setup made them a big club, also using the fact they have won lots of trophies in a mickey mouse, third world football league.

None of this proves they are a big club, even if they do have a good youth system.

Also, Wonky never mentioned Chelsea in ANY of his posts. That was Eken10, and if you had read the first few posts properly you would have seen the point Eken10 was making is, Bohemians may be a big club in their league, but they are hardly Chelsea (a real big club). He could have used Real Madrid, ManUre, Barca, any big club. They are a small club, simple as, and that was the debate with those forumers.

So before you start being rude to people, perhaps YOU should read the full thread first.

i think someone needs to go to bed!

Also Seamus Coleman, plays for everton came from sligo rovers, who are a top half team in LOI, is 21 pretty much unheard of outside of LOI supporters and destroyed Tottenham about 2 weeks ago. So size of club does not equal size of talent.

i think someone needs to go to bed!

Also Seamus Coleman, plays for everton came from sligo rovers, who are a top half team in LOI, is 21 pretty much unheard of outside of LOI supporters and destroyed Tottenham about 2 weeks ago. So size of club does not equal size of talent.

I never said it does! I am not linking where youth players come from at all here, Bohemians could be producing amazing youth players right now, it still doesn't make them a big club, which is the only point I am making.

Archived