Back passes

Is it just me or are there a lot of weird back passes during matches? I just had one of my players picking up the ball on his own byline, facing the touchline, with a lot of time. He turned around to give a back pass to the keeper in a situation where this is totally unnecessary (he's not even a bad player) and he conceded a corner by passing it behind the goal. I'm a keeper myself and if one of my players was to do this he'd get a right thrashing!

And there have been a lot of back passes to keepers that are still on the ground/getting up. Again, if one of my team's players would do this... To be fair, most of these passes are being dealt well with, so it may just be a strange graphical representation of the ME

Players seem a little too eager to play the ball back to their keeper in general. I don't remember what game it was, so I don't think I'll be able to upload a PKM of this particular instance, but the opponent had a free kick on my half. The kick taker gives it a little nudge to the guy standing next to him, who passes it all the way back to his own goalie, throwing away a perfectly good opportunity to get close to my goal.

And on a semi-related note, if a keeper were to ask for a back pass, especially when slightly under pressure, he will make sure he's not in the middle of the goal, but next to it just in case something goes wrong. I've never really seen this happen, but I admit to watching the matches on 'Key Only'.

Cheers.

Is it just me or are there a lot of weird back passes during matches? I just had one of my players picking up the ball on his own byline, facing the touchline, with a lot of time. He turned around to give a back pass to the keeper in a situation where this is totally unnecessary (he's not even a bad player) and he conceded a corner by passing it behind the goal. I'm a keeper myself and if one of my players was to do this he'd get a right thrashing!

And there have been a lot of back passes to keepers that are still on the ground/getting up. Again, if one of my team's players would do this... To be fair, most of these passes are being dealt well with, so it may just be a strange graphical representation of the ME

Players seem a little too eager to play the ball back to their keeper in general. I don't remember what game it was, so I don't think I'll be able to upload a PKM of this particular instance, but the opponent had a free kick on my half. The kick taker gives it a little nudge to the guy standing next to him, who passes it all the way back to his own goalie, throwing away a perfectly good opportunity to get close to my goal.

And on a semi-related note, if a keeper were to ask for a back pass, especially when slightly under pressure, he will make sure he's not in the middle of the goal, but next to it just in case something goes wrong. I've never really seen this happen, but I admit to watching the matches on 'Key Only'.

Cheers.

your tactics, is that player playing defensive? is your team tactics set to defensive and slow tempo? is the time wasting on? this happens to me when i set to very defensive tactics and time wasting, it works, they never attack just pass around the back and waste the last 10 minutes.

your tactics, is that player playing defensive? is your team tactics set to defensive and slow tempo? is the time wasting on? this happens to me when i set to very defensive tactics and time wasting, it works, they never attack just pass around the back and waste the last 10 minutes.

I played on the counter when that first example happened, but even if I was wasting time and playing defensively that is a weird pass. I usually play attacking and it still happens. I don't mind it when it happens when I'm wasting time, as it's sensible then.

Cheers.

This has always been the case even back in the 2D days this is something that perhaps needs tweaking by SI

Archived