Almunia for england!

Yeah, I holidayed until after the world cup so I could then take England through all the qualifiers of the next euro and world cup and almunia was the no1 goalkeeper, I removed him from the squad and national pool as don't think he should play for england. If you're the manager the media will notice it and say that there might be a lack of harmony because of it etc, besides david james is still amazing at 40 on fm!

He was called up towards the end of my second season. Has not yet played as Foster is currently playing a blinder. Only conceeded 1 in the last 12 league games and that was an own goal from Jonny Evans...

Kind of surprised me to see. Don't think if I was the England manager I would call him up myself!

with the fact we dont really have a top keeper atm it dont surprise me he is being called up. but i would of thought that a few years down the line either foster of hart would be 1st choice?

Fosters stats arent brilliant on my game and Joe HArts eccentricity is 18 and im not a fan of keepers with high eccentricity

I don't see the problem with Almunia in the England squad. After all, most of the players come from the top six/seven in the Premier League who have made English players the the rarity already. If it happened in real life, people would be in uproar for a few days/weeks and then it'd become norm. Sadly, it is the way English football is going.

i often see him in the squad

as England manager i called up..... Xisco (starts at Newcastle) in about 2015 due to a few injuries (Rooney, Gabby)

He had recently gone to Liverpool for £15m and had scored 1 in 2 in the EPL so i gave him a shot, so far he has 3 in 4 appearances :)

This shouldn't be happening in the game because of the gentleman's agreement that the Home Nation FAs have.

The reason you can do this in the game is because this agreement is not an actual rule just an understanding between the nations. If it was an actual rule then I am sure that SI would put it in the game at the earliest opportunity.

Yep. He was was my second choice keeper, but when he did play he kept performing - so no reason to sell/

Lol I got £7million for Almunia on my last save on Patch 10.1 he was 33!

I've bought Kameni this time and he is superb, only cost me £5.25million and he has great stats, including 20 reflexes my fave GK attribute :)

Archived