Marlon King

I'm playing as Leicester City in the 1st season, just signed Marlon King on a free transfer after the deadline day, as he is unattached, even though he had the UNA (unavailable) symbol next to his name. I'm able to play him right away. Shouldn't he be unavailable in the game as he is in jail?

I'm playing as Leicester City in the 1st season, just signed Marlon King on a free transfer after the deadline day, as he is unattached, even though he had the UNA (unavailable) symbol next to his name. I'm able to play him right away. Shouldn't he be unavailable in the game as he is in jail?

You could have phoned him in jail and verbally agreed a contract with him. Then sent one in to be ratified and signed by him. He signs and sends it back. Boom!

He's yours.

The unavailability does not start before his jail sentence comes into effect, i.e. some time in November/December 2009. Until then you are able to play him.

Ahhh, ok, well should be a good short term fix then for my team, still in September 2009 right now, and at £90 per week, not a huge loss while he's unavailable.

Maybe you appealed his jail sentence and the FA overturned it.
You could have phoned him in jail and verbally agreed a contract with him. Then sent one in to be ratified and signed by him. He signs and sends it back. Boom!

He's yours.

Yes, yes indeed. Im almost certain the game recognises things like this :confused: :rolleyes:

I signed Marlon King too, i thought the jail term had not come into effect on the latest patch. Just assumed he had only been sacked by Wigan and he was just a free agent on the current game.

How wrong i was though, around November ish he becomes unavailble to play untill the end of the 2011 season [30th April 2011] (because he's in jail :p)

Oh well im not complaining i got him on a free & he was only on 5k a week, so i got a few months out of him. :)

Surely there should be some note in his profile warning you that he will become unavailable?

There was the UNA symbol by his name in the search list, but nothing on his attribute, personnel or transfer status page. I'm now into November 2009 and he does indeed start a two year suspension on 30th October 2009, but this doesn't appear on his profie until that date. Luckily he's only on £90 per week basic wage.

The thing with Marlon King is that he is currently going through appeals, plus things were still very sketchy as the data for 10.2 was being completed, Without knowing the outcome of these we couldn't really set him as being out for a certain length of time.

The safest thing would be to remove him from the game but if he was released on appeal... well someone would complain that he wasn't there :)

So for now he's in and it'll be looked at again in 10.3 when we should know exactly what's happening with him.

The thing with Marlon King is that he is currently going through appeals, plus things were still very sketchy as the data for 10.2 was being completed, Without knowing the outcome of these we couldn't really set him as being out for a certain length of time.

The safest thing would be to remove him from the game but if he was released on appeal... well someone would complain that he wasn't there :)

So for now he's in and it'll be looked at again in 10.3 when we should know exactly what's happening with him.

If he's hung, drawn and quartered can you put a graphical representation in the game please SI? ;)

After the things he's done he should be!

Thanks for the answer Steve and on Christmas Day too, that is above and beyond the call of duty!!

Now wondering why he's available all season on some people's games, yet on mine he is banned for 2 years from 30th October 2009, when we're all using the same patch.

Maybe it's like Weden says above, it depends if you start playing with the 10.2 patch and database?

Archived