somthing has to be done

My game has never crashed, and we have about 7 collective seasons added up on this PC (my nephew and brother both play as well).

I am sure the bugs arent entirely the users fault and may be due to some compatibility issue, but you cannot really blame SI. If it were a true programming bug, it would crash my game all the time too, but it doesn't and SI cannot really fathom every single possible pc configuration.

I used to work in IT and I remember the programmers used to say that 90% of all crashes are due to the customer not updating drivers or software and may have an extreemly unstable machine (ie no maintenance done for a long time)

I hope you can post on the bugs forum with your specifications, and how the crash happens and maybe upload your saved game.

So update every driver, sound driver, motherboard, video drivers, direct x, get all the updates for your operating system, even upgrade your modem files if need be! Then download something like CC Cleaner, fix up your registry, remove all old files from your pc (you will be amazed how many gig just sits in the temp folders causing havoc to the machine.), then download something like AVG Virus scanner, scan your pc, and run a few defrags. Then also use msconfig and turn everything off from your startup. I would also suggest removing all the fluff from your pc. Get rid of the fancy wall papers, remove the new style interfaces and revert back to "fastest performance" settings.

Even adjust your virtual memory settings...

Watch your pc fly with all these minor tweaks. Most people do not do these small things on the PC's and their hardrive integrity drops significantly. If you have not done any of these things for a long time, I suggest buying a new hard drive and starting from scratch. I also recommend Windows XP over Vista or any other OS. (MAC excluded).

In the mean time, I suggest you just save every week and try to make the best of things.

Hope this post helps a little.

Archived