Transfers

I think that FM10 has been a pretty good release and is playable, but for me there are way too many transfers in the opening window. They're not all realistic either. In my game Manchester United signed another left back from Lazio when they already have one of the best in the world plus a couple of good one's in reserve. Also Chelsea signed both Suarez and Landon Donovan when they've already got the likes of Anelka, Drogba, Sturridge, Kalou etc. I think the amount of signings has to be toned down in the 3rd patch. These squads are the 'final' one's in real life and the game should realise that I think?

What does everyone else think about this issue?

Unticking the box causes all teams to have no transfer budget. However, what annoys me about this is that the AI buys in quite a lot of players on frees or on loans which are just poor versions of players that would sign if they had money. Like Ryknow said above, the transfer windown should really just be bypassed wiht no activity - or limited to very few signings at a stretch.

untick the box that says 'Allow transfer budgets in first window. Problem solved.

this feature was added for a reason

Yeah I would untick that box, but it then doesn't allow me to sign players my self or add staff from other clubs to my backroom.

Anyway, just because there is an option to not have transfer budgets in the first window doesn't solve the original problem.

Archived