Does anyone arrange friendlies for reserves/youth teams?

As you may of noticed, because the reserves and U18's play so few league games throughout the season many of the players (if not all) have the "lacking match fitness" fitness status.

Does anyone arrange regular friendlies over the season on top of league games to ensure "match fitness"?

Or would a better solution be having your reserves and/or youths on more intensive training schedules? - Or do only matches give "match fitness".

Any thoughts?

Is there reason why the shortlist of teams has been removed when arranging friendlies for reserves? In FM09, when you click on the *choose* button, you had all the other teams in the league. Now, there's only the under-18 and choose others. The choose others option is somewhat slow to load and you're forced to scroll down to find teams that you want.

I do, but I usually manage in Italy and there is no reserve league there. Only matches will give your players "match fitness"

Is there any way SI could create a 'simulate reserve fixture' feature for leagues that dont have reserve leagues? I cant tell you how tedious it is to create a seasons worth of reserve friendlies in the English far lower leagues.

Is there any way SI could create a 'simulate reserve fixture' feature for leagues that dont have reserve leagues? I cant tell you how tedious it is to create a seasons worth of reserve friendlies in the English far lower leagues.

or anywhere. I used to arrange them in FM09, but it's too much bother, really.

It is very tedious, but it is one of many areas that SI could easily improve but choose not to. Rest assured it will be better implemented in three or four years as a 'new feature'.

To answer the OP: For teams who have reserve and youth leagues I just play a few friendlies here and there, my reserves vs my youths.

For teams who have no reserve or youth fixtures I just play my reserves vs my youths once or twice a week. But it is very boring to sort out, and you can't even do a full season in one go. You can only arrange two or three months worth of friendlies and then have to wait.

I do :-)

This is what I do in the beginning of every season, go in to the reserve team fixture list and arrange a game against the u-18 every 3/4 days.

Not only giving your reserver player the match fitness, most important when a first team player just came back from injury, he can take part in those games to get back his match fitness.

SI: enhancement request. Any way in future release, we can create those reserve friendly in batch instead of creating them one-by-one?

I do :-)

This is what I do in the beginning of every season, go in to the reserve team fixture list and arrange a game against the u-18 every 3/4 days.

Not only giving your reserver player the match fitness, most important when a first team player just came back from injury, he can take part in those games to get back his match fitness.

SI: enhancement request. Any way in future release, we can create those reserve friendly in batch instead of creating them one-by-one?

Hear hear. People have been requesting this for several years now. I know SI must be busy but this would be excellent and take a whole bunch of extra clicking out of the game.

• SI Staff

There's no doubt there are things that can be done better in this area and it's not about leaving it to make a song and dance about it being a new feature. If/When implemented I doubt it would get mentioned much if at all when promoting the new game.

I would like to be able to multi-select dates and ask my assistant to arrange friendlies for those dates.

There's no doubt there are things that can be done better in this area and it's not about leaving it to make a song and dance about it being a new feature. If/When implemented I doubt it would get mentioned much if at all when promoting the new game.

I would like to be able to multi-select dates and ask my assistant to arrange friendlies for those dates.

How about on this template??

ARRANGE RESERVE FIXTURES FROM [insert start date] TO [insert ending date] ON [insert day/days of week]?

the reason people take the mick out of SI's 'new features' is because this game in particular had 'new features' that were always within the game.

the transfer centre is the biggest joke of a new feature ever - this is a facelift not a new feature and the fact that your shortlist cannot be viewed from this screen is ridiculous. If you are going to pass something off as 'new' please ensure it is an improvement.

• SI Staff
the reason people take the mick out of SI's 'new features' is because this game in particular had 'new features' that were always within the game.

the transfer centre is the biggest joke of a new feature ever - this is a facelift not a new feature and the fact that your shortlist cannot be viewed from this screen is ridiculous. If you are going to pass something off as 'new' please ensure it is an improvement.

The Transfer Centre was billed as a new feature? Do you have a link to that?

Do you have a link to that?

Don't come in this thread and spout your common sense ;)

All of you that are complaining about no reserve fixtures in Italy, or want to set friendly batches on certain days are missing out on the best aspect of there being no reserve league - you can taylor the days of your friendlies to suit your senior team schedule, thus keeping players at their fittest. It's a godsend in Italy.

• SI Staff
All of you that are complaining about no reserve fixtures in Italy, or want to set friendly batches on certain days are missing out on the best aspect of there being no reserve league - you can taylor the days of your friendlies to suit your senior team schedule, thus keeping players at their fittest. It's a godsend in Italy.

Yeah, I schedule a friendly for my reserves the day after the first team have played then include players who didn't play in the previous match and add in promising youths if needed.

Yeah, I schedule a friendly for my reserves the day after the first team have played then include players who didn't play in the previous match and add in promising youths if needed.

Exactly :thup:

Or if you have a Wednesday or Thursday match then a gap, leave it until after that match. If the midweeker is a Tuesday you can squeeze a friendly in on the Wednesday and all the players are still in shape for the next weekend. I think it's great - far more useful than a bloated reserve squad for a league.

Don't come in this thread and spout your common sense ;)

And what does your post have to do with making reserve friendlies less burdensome to schedule? A simple template like below will provide the best of both worlds.

How about on this template??

ARRANGE RESERVE FIXTURES FROM [insert start date] TO [insert ending date] ON [insert day/days of week]?

Archived