Suggestion: Tooltips/Popups on match timebar events

Basically the idea struck me as i was watching a match. Its about the timebar. You know you get the yellow/red cards or goal icon on the timebar when the incident happens? How about a rollover for that so if you hover your mouse cursor over the incident a little box would pop up with little details of the incident? For instance, roll over a yellow card and you'll get player x - booked - 34 mins. Rollover a goal and its GOAL - player x - 62 mins

What do you guys think? It only struck me as i have a habit of not remembering who has been booked etc, especially if its an opposition player. I like to know because, say the oppo RB has been booked, i will try to direct my play down that side of the pitch to make the player more likely to dive in and possibly get sent off!!

Love the title of the thread :D

But about the idea, I thought it did that! How wrong am I... Just played a game, and hovered over the timebar and it doesn't do it! Must of been my imagination.

So yeah, this would be a great idea, and it is realistic, so it is not like it can't be implemented. Great for pointing it out!

Not like some of the ideas on the forum.

"My name is Fred, I go watch United alot, and have a viewing box. I reckon you should be able to see me in match games, but because you can't do this, this game is terrible, worst FM ever." :p

I use Sky Sports Centre where they have it, and keep trying to do it in FM. :D

YES! I knew I didn't imagine it :p

Thank you it was bugging me... I thought I was doing that on FM, but its when you check scores and stuff on that Live Centre :thup:

• SI Staff
Depends how super the "super tooltips" are. :p

Give us some info Ter :D

Well instead of having a box with some text in it like the tooltips are like now it would be nice if "super tooltips" could use their own layout so that they can be presented better with icons and different styled text if we wanted to.

Well instead of having a box with some text in it like the tooltips are like now it would be nice if "super tooltips" could use their own layout so that they can be presented better with icons and different styled text if we wanted to.

Hey thats up to you guys to decide, it is what you get paid for! ;)

Sounds like a good idea to me, a bit like the tooltips present in LOTRO, with graphics and stuff?

It's a nice idea just for the benefit of having the info at your fingertips immediately without having to change screen. However, we do already have all that information on player ratings, etc.

• SI Staff
Sorry for the late reply, if you click this link and hover over either of the links in the post it brings up a pretty cool tooltip, its the same thing in-game if you hover over an icon.

Yeah, that is similar to what I was thinking. Good example, thanks.

Archived