Playing hours to get through a season

Depends...if I'm managing a side that isn't in Europe it probably only about 4-5 hours of playing time to actually get through a season (not including summer transfer window), the more successful they are the longer it takes. When I'm in the Champions League/Europa League it adds another hour or two onto that because of the extra games.

I find i can get through the season quicker as time goes on. My first season or two is generally spent setting up a global scouting network and sorting out backroom staff. After them first few seasons ive done everything and can reap the benefits of the scouting system, meaning i dont really have to look for players as they are already being scouted and reccomended. That gives me a headstart on other clubs in snaring the best prospects from around the world before other clubs. Due to that, my team gets better, gets more succesful and i dont have to alter too many things as i go on meaning i get through seasons quicker.

If i play "hard", that means testing my wife's patience...then i could do a season in about a week. I have a lot of countries, and almost everyone on full detail. I would guess i takes about 30-35 hours a season.

I think i have totalled about 200 hours of playing time, and i have only come to February the 4th season. But the 1. season take a lot longer play.

Usually the first season takes the longest, and then after it gets quicker for many the reasons baker.simon said :thup:

First normally takes longest due to adding so many people to the shortlist, this itself could take hours (why dont I just save a shortlist? Takes away the fun :p).

I normally set up many many different training regimes based on and around Tugs.

Buying and setting up scouts and coaches.

First season always the slowest tbf.

I reckon about a season a week if I get 2 hours or so a day, but over Christmas it'll get a lot more time.

Me too. Got 12 days off over christmas so i'll be hammering FM - apart from christmas day (family shizzle) and boxing day (trip to watch Newcastle at Hillsborough, then pub in the evening)

i play network with a mate so it takes ages. but still we do a season in 3 days. (15 hours say)

on my own i'd say around 8 hours

fm is a background game though, i play when im on fifa or call of duty or watchin a film. so sometimes the game is runnin but im not continuing which causes seasons to drag

Are we talking game time or normal time?

normal time;

My first 6 months in the club are the longest in hours. I take like half day or less, if am free, to set up the team in all areas from staffs to players to tactics to really pretty much every thing. The lower and weaker the team is the more time I spend on them. If I was managing a club like Arsenal, Real Madrid, Barca etc I will probably finish within 2 days season 1 coz I have play windowed and do multitasking so i take my time. If very low club like now am managing Oldham Athletic then probably 2 weeks if I don't lose interest by that time.

I have taken over them 6 hours ago and only played one friendly match!! Yeah. But of course like I said above.. . Multitasking is the way for me to sit through the game in long hours.

I don't think anyone will be insane enough to sit through the game 24 hours straight. It's of course unhealthy. Need to get a life! lol

I 'work from home' so can crack thro it in the background so get thro about a season a RL day which is about 5-6hrs. I don't fiddle too much tho and play the games on 'key'. Once I have the team how I want them I pretty much press continue thro the season. Don't win much though! Can't think why..

Archived