new patch super keepers comfirmed

after hearing many people talking about super keepers and occasionally come across a few myself

i decided i would run a test with arsenal and the results i came up with were conclusive enough for me

rob green 7.8 17 shots 10 shots on target (sot)

didn't get man of the match however he did get the second highest rating and he was like a cat .1 less than me tactic i used Complete dominance

game 8 in the league

tim howard 8.8 mom 17 shots 10 sot

one of many run ins i have with this lethal weapon tact used complete dominance game 11 epl

craig gordon 7.8 mom 19 sh 8 sot

game 13 epl tactic complete dom

paul robinson 8.4 mom 18 sh 13 sot

only won by a penalty game 15 epl tactic david villa manu 3

shay given 7.5 mom 7.5 10 sh 5 sot

game 17 epl tactic randalstactic

my favorite is next hate him smashed my mouse because of him in the last game

reina 8.6 mom 14 sh 11 sot

game 20 tac my own 451

reina 8.5 mom 21 sh 11 sot

league cup semi leg 1 tac my own 451

reina 8.4 mom 17 sh 7 sot

league cup semi leg 2 same tactic

sebastian frey 8.3 mom 17 sh 11 sot

cl quater my own 424

Paul robinson 8.5 mom 17 sh 6 sot

game 32 my own 424

gomes 9.2 mom 20sh 17 sot

fa cup semi my own 424

cris kirkland 8.0 mom 14 sh 10

game 33 same tactic

these are only the ones who get man of the match there are a few more who pop up now and again and have excellent games but are out shined by ceter backs like yobo ferdinand toure shawcross etc or top class players like adebuymeour rooney messi etc.

my opinion is that the keepers are taking the mick in the latest update would be intrested in hearing others thoughts on it

after hearing many people talking about super keepers and occasionally come across a few myself

i decided i would run a test with arsenal and the results i came up with were conclusive enough for me

rob green 7.8 17 shots 10 shots on target (sot)

didn't get man of the match however he did get the second highest rating and he was like a cat .1 less than me tactic i used Complete dominance

game 8 in the league

tim howard 8.8 mom 17 shots 10 sot

one of many run ins i have with this lethal weapon tact used complete dominance game 11 epl

craig gordon 7.8 mom 19 sh 8 sot

game 13 epl tactic complete dom

paul robinson 8.4 mom 18 sh 13 sot

only won by a penalty game 15 epl tactic david villa manu 3

shay given 7.5 mom 7.5 10 sh 5 sot

game 17 epl tactic randalstactic

my favorite is next hate him smashed my mouse because of him in the last game

reina 8.6 mom 14 sh 11 sot

game 20 tac my own 451

reina 8.5 mom 21 sh 11 sot

league cup semi leg 1 tac my own 451

reina 8.4 mom 17 sh 7 sot

league cup semi leg 2 same tactic

sebastian frey 8.3 mom 17 sh 11 sot

cl quater my own 424

Paul robinson 8.5 mom 17 sh 6 sot

game 32 my own 424

gomes 9.2 mom 20sh 17 sot

fa cup semi my own 424

cris kirkland 8.0 mom 14 sh 10

game 33 same tactic

these are only the ones who get man of the match there are a few more who pop up now and again and have excellent games but are out shined by ceter backs like yobo ferdinand toure shawcross etc or top class players like adebuymeour rooney messi etc.

my opinion is that the keepers are taking the mick in the latest update would be intrested in hearing others thoughts on it

Yeah we've put supergoalies in. If they keep five clean sheets in a row, a small animation of the keepers flying whilst wearing a cape appear. ;)

11 matches, against one team = confirmation? Not by a long, long way.

This supergoalies thing has been around for ages, i too used to wonder of there existence when getting repeatedly frustrated by seemingly invincible goalies, BUT....

....I spent a lot of time reading through things on here and came to understand that it's more about the type of shots you have than the number - Quality > quantity..!

Basically a fast tempo attacking tactic may have a lot of shots, but a more patient, slower tempo (and that doesn't mean it has to be set to 'slow') may have fewer, but higher quality shots. Since reading this and experimenting my supergoalie suspicions have been well and truly banished (this was on FM07 btw).

To answer the original post, what i've said above perfectly carries across to FM2010 and patch 10.2 and i've got no problem with the other goalies.

PS: For what its worth, reina is still a git on this game and so hard to beat, but i guess if i used scout or something he'd have high stats for handling pressure and important matches which will contribute to his apparent forcefield!! :)

• Administrators

There's no such thing as superkeepers. If anything there may be too many one-on-ones being created, which is causing keepers to potentially make more saves, however this whole 'myth' of keepers being unbeatable just isn't true.

Archived