Tactics - do you change to adapt to opposition?

Have got a game going with Hull at present - talk about a challenge! But - particularly when I play the big sides I have adapated my tactics to try and counter what they will play. Hasn't worked as i have lost each time. Just wondering - what do most people do on here - find a trusty formation and stick with it, or do you adapt to opposition??

it depends really. when im playing as a lower league team i usually start with a 4-4-2 attacking until i get used to the players and realise who is good and who is bad and where my strong points are. then i adjust my tactics based on strengths of the team until i find one that works and leave it until it goes wrong and then i scrap it and find a new system. however with premier league clubs i know the players well and can judge who is good and bad and usually if im a top club i always play an attacking formation and if im a bottom club i use counter. Also i sometimes change my tactics depending on whether it is a home game or an away game. If your problem is letting in too many goals, tighten it up at the back, but if only losing by 1 goal then go more attacking in search of getting a goal and earning a point or even 3.

hope this helps

i used 3-5-2 for every with stevenage for like 8 years and won everything, but then i decided to use different tactics to try and counter oppositions and its worked very well in my 11th season in the prem league i won 36 and drew 2 (using my own tactics, 4-3-3, 4-2-2, 3-5-2)

i use 4-3-3 against all clubs playing 4-4-2 (beat liverpool 3-0 both home and away :))

i use 4-4-2 against teams playing 4-5-1 (beat man utd and arsenal both 2-0 in both home and away)

i use 3-5-2 against teams playing 4-3-3 (mainly in champions league)

im now 2 seasons unbeaten in all comps :D but having a bad 12th season (by my standards anyway despite still not losing) due to me selling all aging players (ronaldo retired aswell) and getting some youth in (ronaldo's regen ;))

Archived