Second season

Mini-rant;

Why do my tactics become utterly useless in season two?

I had a successful season with Liverpool in which I won the league and the F.A Cup. The board give me some money to spend (by some degree of a miracle) so I thought 'No wholesale changes needed', perhaps an extra fringe player and a defender. No change to my tactics, some better quality coaches.

My defence consisted of;

Johnson Carragher Agger Dossena

We shipped in 41 goals last season which I was rather pleased with. Come December, I have 5 wins and have shipped in 39 goals already. What the James P Arthur is going on?

I don't seem to be scoring that many either. Torres was the dogs chops last year with 49 goals in all competitions yet this year, he's got a measly 15. It's as if he's turned into a Yakubu want to be.

Any advice guys so I can salvage my season? :(

try bringing in a big named signing to frshen things up, maybe someone who can match torres up front and give him a run for a place in the team

I brought in Salvatore Bochetti for £15,000,000. Is that big enough?

I didn't see the point in bringing in competition for Torres as N'Gog got 15 goals last season as a back-up and Lauri Dalle Valli also showing good potential.

hhmmm what would you do if torres picks up a bad injury mid season, i would definatly bring in atleast a player knows how to bag goals at a good level

Well I had Kuyt, N'Gog and Lauri as back-up, which I was more than happy with. They had a fair amount of goals between them. I don't really want to bring in a £20,000,000 player to sit and play the waiting game. Just not my style really.

I did patch up in the off season, would it make any difference?

ye si do recomend starting a new game after patching up, the same thing has happened to me in my current second season with man utd, form started off realy badly and still a good 9 points off top spot however form has begun to pick back up, just solider through it mate, let me know how your next few games go

In my Oldham save it's my first season, had a great start and was top of the league, only lost once in 13. Then I went on a run of 8 games without winning, before changing my tactics after dropping to 9th and went on a ten game unbeaten streak and flying back up the table, then losing 4-1 to Stockport. Just goes to show what happens if you keep your tactics too long without changing anything, which I did at the start of the season. Now I've started to rotate and tweak a little before games, it also helps if you use your touchline shouts.

Hope that helps. :)

Well I had Kuyt, N'Gog and Lauri as back-up, which I was more than happy with. They had a fair amount of goals between them. I don't really want to bring in a £20,000,000 player to sit and play the waiting game. Just not my style really.

I did patch up in the off season, would it make any difference?

A lot of people have been finding that their tactics aren't working/are less effective after the patch. I'd recommend not starting a new game (unless that's what you want), but take a good, long look at the squad and see if you can capitalise on your strong points more.

Sweeny - I lost the next 6 games after being heavily beaten. Cost me my job. I'm going to start a new one as I do believe the patch has changed it.

Tomer - I went through my squad and decided to change my tactics again. I went on to lose 4 - 2 at Stoke. lol

Oldhammad - I'm going to try a different game with your approach, thank you.

Archived