Staff leaving

When a manager gets sacked or resigns, often a lot of his staff follow him out. I have two questions. Firstly, is there a way to stop this? If not, this may need adding. Also, when you retire, does the same thing happen? I ask these questions because I'm managing Arsenal in 2036 and have about 50 staff members, the majority of whom list me as favoured personnel. As Arsenal are my beloved club, I would not want to ruin the club. Thanks in advance:thup:

It happens in real life so it should stay the same as it is. A very recent example is Mark Hughes being sacked and a number of his backroom staff have left with him.

I doubt there is a way to stop it as its very realistic as backroom staff are appointed by the manager so if he's sacked then they will follow him to his next job.

It happens in real life so it should stay the same as it is. A very recent example is Mark Hughes being sacked and a number of his backroom staff have left with him.

I doubt there is a way to stop it as its very realistic as backroom staff are appointed by the manager so if he's sacked then they will follow him to his next job.

I understand your point about Mark Hughes, however that scenario ended quite sourly. My point is that maybe you don't want them to leave, you could request they stay there for the club. Of course if I am in a minority then I cannot complain if this is never put in:thup:

What makes you think that the new manager would keep them anyway?

When you leave a club you have to let go of the reigns, if your staff don't want to work there with you not there then that's their prerogative.

I would love to see, however, on retiring (if you are that way inclined) from a club where you are a legend and had a good rapport with the board that you can recommend the next manager to the board.

I also want to see this in internationals as England coaches always recommend their successor (as long as they aint fired that is)

Archived