Does this happen in real life? (International Call Ups on CL matchdays)

Hi, I am in 2017 with my Villa team, and have a CL quarter final against Manchester United.

Here's the problem. As you can see, 6 of my planned first XI have been called away to South American internationals, leaving me with a ridiculously depleted squad, for a very important game. What I want to know is does this happen to teams in real life? Because I for one, cannot recall it.

Looking at last years fixtures actually, South American qualifiers last year were on the 28th and 29th March, CL games were 10th March (2nd leg last 16) and 7th April. (1st leg QF)

By the looks of it, your CL games are either 2 weeks late or 2 weeks early, the reason of which I don't know.

Great, I can't continue now, because I'm not playing that fixture with so many players away, when in real life they shouldn't be, going to wait for a stable FMRTE to be released. This is really, really dissapointing, for all this talk of a polished game, an issue that has been in the game for at least five versions is still there. Very poor.

Happened for me in my Betis game. Squad was pretty much decimated too - 7 or 8 were away for the first leg of a Champions League away tie at Chelsea.

I think I scraped a 3-2 loss so was able to go through in the second leg - but its still pretty frustrating.

Archived