New Patch/It's your tactics

Is it me, or has anyone else noticed that tactis seem to be useless with the new patch? I did have tactcs that now seem to be useless with my team so I'm busy trying to get a new formation/tactics that work for my gsmr =D

On a seperate (and slightly ranting note) I wish all members that say "it's your tactis" be given a lifetime ban. It's such a stupid post, and they are lowering the quality of posts on the board. It's so annoying at the moment coming on the board and seeing these alll the time, I think (and other members agree) that a ban would scare these people off, and the forums would be much better place :)

Is it me, or has anyone else noticed that tactis seem to be useless with the new patch? I did have tactcs that now seem to be useless with my team so I'm busy trying to get a new formation/tactics that work for my gsmr =D

On a seperate (and slightly ranting note) I wish all members that say "it's your tactis" be given a lifetime ban. It's such a stupid post, and they are lowering the quality of posts on the board. It's so annoying at the moment coming on the board and seeing these alll the time, I think (and other members agree) that a ban would scare these people off, and the forums would be much better place :)

But what if it is your tactics?

The same applies to you and your inability to search for a relevant thread that has already been created.

My God, there have been so many of these "tactics don't work on the new patch" threads, I'm surprised you hadn't noticed them before you created this thread.

Changes in the ME can result in changes in tactical effectiveness. Since the last patch I've found a direct, narrow game less effective than previously, and wing play much more effective, as well as more variation in the passing.

That's useful to know. I shall give it a try, as I'm not having much success at the moment.

The same applies to you and your inability to search for a relevant thread that has already been created.

My God, there have been so many of these "tactics don't work on the new patch" threads, I'm surprised you hadn't noticed them before you created this thread.

This sarcasm isn't needed either. Think before you post in future, thank you.

Changes in the ME can result in changes in tactical effectiveness. Since the last patch I've found a direct, narrow game less effective than previously, and wing play much more effective, as well as more variation in the passing.

Very interesting. I was using a direct narrow game before 10.2 which worked wonders for me, and now for the life of me i cant keep a clean sheet! i have won 6 games in a row but conceded in every game.

We're you playing through the middle when you we're playing more narrow?

Very interesting. I was using a direct narrow game before 10.2 which worked wonders for me, and now for the life of me i cant keep a clean sheet! i have won 6 games in a row but conceded in every game.

We're you playing through the middle when you we're playing more narrow?

Yeah. I was getting a lot of success focussing the passing through the middle and playing without wide attacking players and on the counter, and now I'm finding without playing wider I can't get the ball into the box as often as I'd like to and finding it more important to mix and match styles of passing and directness,

Yeah. I was getting a lot of success focussing the passing through the middle and playing without wide attacking players, and now I'm finding without playing wider I can't get the ball into the box as often as I'd like to.

That could be why my 5-3-2 works on 10.2. I don't use a narrow game as I like to play with wingers so I play wide in the middle of the park.

Yeah. I was getting a lot of success focussing the passing through the middle and playing without wide attacking players and on the counter, and now I'm finding without playing wider I can't get the ball into the box as often as I'd like to and finding it more important to mix and match styles of passing and directness,

I have definitely noticed not being able to get the ball into the box as often as before. I have also noticed since the patch, that getting players into the box seems alot harder with one up front. I have a AMC on attacking and a box to box mid with a def mid behind him.

not suprised they have afterall tinkled with ME so what worked before will not necessary be right now.

Many reseason there may been a bug something not functioning right and now is working effects your tactic. Your tactic might not necessary with you knowing exploited the flaw.

I found playing all midfielders as support meant I dominated the game Now it dont work. This must have been exploiting a flaw I did not do it deliberate it was that it worked for my misfits.

This just an example.

I always found when SI done tinkering to ME I always likewise have to re-invent my tactic. Sometimes its just minor alteration sometimes its a major rethink. Although sadly I wish the AI managers should have to do the same thing. Be they can read the coding the pesky cheats (winks)

However on a rare ocasion I had a inefective tactic come alive so it can do the oposite that failed tactic was the best solution afterall.

I just won 24 games in a row. Have to wait for the new season to see if I can extend that. It's a matter of finding the right formation/tactic. 4-4-1-1 suits my team it would appear.

I'm happy to see long shots have been toned down.

There are more injuries and that seems more realistic than before.

One on ones are harder too due to better goalkeeping.

This thread at least alludes to the biggest stand out problem with the game currently. (Overlooking the 'polish' being a years worth of mickey taking...)

People boast of tactical superiority and talk like they have it sussed, putting people down who are struggling constantly but what does that actually mean in reality?

If you have a solid tactic in game, it means above all else that you have managed to stumble on a weakness in the match engine that gives good results currently. Theres no other reason why your narrow 4-4-2, built and based on your own personal ideas on how a tactic would/should play in real life which worked in 10.1, no longer functions.

If you have a dream tactic one day, they patch the game, and it no longer works. What assumptions should you make/how should you choose to react to it? You were lucky it worked before at all?

I see people saying "Im happy this finally works" etc... but doesn't it make the game pretty bloody academic when certain types of play are unplayable from patch to patch due to shocking match engine instability... It is just frustrating and makes it seem like a complete lottery. People go into deep discussion over their ideas and theorems but its all blind speculation when things change so dramatically every few months...

Look, I understand that they made changes in ME. I am playing Milan and have a lot of MC players. So, I use to play through the middle. Now, my tactic is to play trough balls to one of my ST, and the other get rid of his defender and recieve a trough ball from AMC or ST.

Now, the patch made something that I don't understand. My strikers are not able to get rid of the defenders, so it is the most of time that my AMC came in the box allone, with just the GK in front of him. But, sometimes I get ST in the box too. Now, when my ST and AMC are in the box, I can't understand how it is possible that from now on, they are not able to score? The GK save the shoots, or they shoot it 10m above the goal from 7 metar distance. And than, my MC came in the box and his shoot go in. So: the strikers whos job is to score are for some reason not able to score, and MC players, which job is to create the middfield so that AMC can make a chance for the ST, they are able to score? Until now, januar, Dzeko, Pato, Boriello, scored not all but 70% of chances where they get allone in front of the GK, but now it is only 5%

I am not talking about defenders, I am talking about the situation where the ST got rid of the defenders and is allone in front of the GK.

This thread at least alludes to the biggest stand out problem with the game currently. (Overlooking the 'polish' being a years worth of mickey taking...)

People boast of tactical superiority and talk like they have it sussed, putting people down who are struggling constantly but what does that actually mean in reality?

If you have a solid tactic in game, it means above all else that you have managed to stumble on a weakness in the match engine that gives good results currently. Theres no other reason why your narrow 4-4-2, built and based on your own personal ideas on how a tactic would/should play in real life which worked in 10.1, no longer functions.

If you have a dream tactic one day, they patch the game, and it no longer works. What assumptions should you make/how should you choose to react to it? You were lucky it worked before at all?

I see people saying "Im happy this finally works" etc... but doesn't it make the game pretty bloody academic when certain types of play are unplayable from patch to patch due to shocking match engine instability... It is just frustrating and makes it seem like a complete lottery. People go into deep discussion over their ideas and theorems but its all blind speculation when things change so dramatically every few months...

You make a good point this why I said AI should do the same. I agree the feedback you get you dont know if your tactic worked/failed to match engine errors or simply the oponents worked it out. What I never understood is why A, B & C team all work you out roughly the same time. Surely it should be club by club or better manager by manager. The game just dont represent different managers yes why have style tactics but management goes deeper. Some work well with money some work better with nothing but the shirt on there back. Some love to tinker and alter there gameplan to the oponents to stiffle but some say to hell with oposition I play my tactic and if it works then its good enough.

The game dont use this yet so the game like a magic light hey presto the AI KNOWS your game you now got to do something different. Obviously the more times you face X, Y & Z manager he will know your gameplan but it should not go across the board like the game currently does.

However due to its frailities we have loopeholes in ME which either AI exploit or us humans I think its come along way but its also a long way from perfection if its at all achievable. Unless we get different characteristic managements skills it will be always like this.

In my game alex ferguson got sacked in 2010 and had them 18th in november reason the game cant emulate his skill and hence it cant understand the importance of manager skills over players.

Equally there is also another overlooked by gamers your tactic will only be as good as the coaching staff. It sounds daft but you really have to look at coaches, assistant attribs if it dont match your style there will be problems until either he learns and adapts.

I've not changed my tactics since the new patch and I've continued to play well and win.

Defo more knocks being picked up by players, but nothing beyond belief (when compared to real life) although I'm certain this is all dependent on training etc. Need more time to know for sure if it is a major problem. It feels more real compared to before when I hardly ever got any injuries.

It has ALWAYS been like this with cm/fm. Tactics have always meant the most, and is not based on reason, but what is the FOTP for Sigames. Call it finding weaknesses in the ME, or optimization of beating the machine - just like any other game ever written.

Edit: Some people are just mediocre and gets beaten by machines, because they don't understand the rules are confined within the game in question rather than trying to immitate RL.

Delete all your tactics from 10.1 and start building some new ones.

From SI on other threads (not a direct quote): There are too many one-v-ones created (needs tweaking in 10.3), forcing keepers to make more saves so it gives the impression of "better" goalkeeping. In fact, the number of one-v-ones scored is about right.

In my own experience, this is about right. The keepers with good reactions/one-on-one attributes, combined with high stamina and determination, means you have to create 3-4 one-v-ones to score 1 goal (hence why Everton is so hard to beat). But mediocre in-game keepers (Birmingham, Wolves, Fulham) I can put 4 or 5 past most games. It's handy for knowing when I can rotate my squad a-la McArthy, but a little skewed in terms of realism.

Archived